Regular Contributor to forum in Los Angeles Times video

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awallis

Sorry if this can be found elsewhere. (I tried and didn't see it). It's a nice little video from the LA Times featuring a regular contributor (mwalsh).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za3_A_Rym94

Oh, wow! That's the first time I've seen that. Don did a really nice job - I was really worried that I'd sound like a dork....I was VERY nervous during the interview! Thanks for posting and thanks to Don for the nice piece! :D

This probably means that the written part of the interview, by Tiffany Hsu, will be available in the printed/online version of the LA Times within the next day or so.

Nice job Michael!
I was contacted about possibly doing this LATimes interview and I'm so glad they chose you. Good comments about range and the no-gas desire. Love the license plate clip and love the PV tie-in. Hopefully others will make the connection that their roofs are a wasted resource without PV and an EV only sweetens the deal.

BTW: "BYE OIL" was my plate (motorcycle) when I had an Aptera reservation... I let it expire along with my Aptera dream. Glad to see it revived.

The only part that bothers me some is the 60 miles pushing the limit comment - I remember that being said in the context of hard highway driving with climate control. But other than the one small niggle, I don't have any other complaints. Oh, except I'd like a camera that removes 10lbs rather than one that adds 10lbs. :lol:

Beautiful job Mike!

Thanks for posting this awallis!

I don't even have the car and I can't get this silly grin off my face. :D Great video!

AndyH said:
I don't even have the car and I can't get this silly grin off my face. :D Great video!
The grin lasts longer when you get the car! You might find yourself waking up from a deep sleep grinning.
Lately, I've experienced a new form of "gasoline anxiety". Twice, when required to drive the gas car, I've almost run out of gas because I've stopped thinking I need to go there for anything. I swear, I just drive right by the station I used to always frequent and it doesn't register a blip... my "gas station" is at my house... isn't it?

It was my pleasure to post, mwalsh! I thought the LA Times did a good job, and their other review of the Leaf is also quite nice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXU2XKS2Kw).

It just nice to see a story that's NOT a hit job or one done by a "reviewer" who claims to work for some large publisher but who knows nothing about cars or filming videos. (I'm looking at you, whoever you are, in the "Forbes" review.)

wow!! Michael. how edited was that? you did great. i think you gave a realistic estimate of range which is key to early adopters not being disappointed. that is our real role here. to make sure people know what they are getting.

maybe a mention on the range hits for heating/AC or saying i have "X miles left" when i get home, etc. but other than that, you are very well spoken!

i linked you to my Facebook Olympia Leaf Owners page

Great job Michael. You guys in initial roll out states already driving future technology. For me in OK, another year of waiting, but one day I will be driving my 100% electric LEAF that I had a chance to test drive in Dallas. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

DaveinOlyWA said:
wow!! Michael. how edited was that?

We spent about 6 hours together (over 2 days) to get a two minute piece. :lol:

I actually think it's edited really well, but I can look at it and wonder why he used particular footage when there must have been plenty more I would have thought might be better. The voice overs come predominantly from the sit-down interview with the print reporter, and I have a couple of small problems with the way some of my comments have been edited together, but they are pretty minor.

Back