Delivery Date Priority

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlich18

I know this subject has been touched upon in some other threads, but I would like to gather here everyone's input on how delivery priority is going to be determined by Nissan.

There a a few possibilities:

• By original reservation date, regardless of when ordered;
    By the "order month" assigned, regardless of the reservation date and without regard to when actually permitted to order;
    By order date, regardless of original reservation date and without regard to assigned "order month";
    Priority given to eTec participants (I was told by one CS rep that approved eTec participants would be given priority because eTec wants to start gathering usage information as soon as possible);
    Some combination of the above.

What have you heard (it would especially helpful to hear from our dealer participants)?

no offense guys, just a little humor but every time something like this happens it reminds me of this:

No soup for you! :)

soupnazi.jpg

dlich18 said:
I know this subject has been touched upon in some other threads, but I would like to gather here everyone's input on how delivery priority is going to be determined by Nissan.

There a a few possibilities:

• By original reservation date, regardless of when ordered;
    By the "order month" assigned, regardless of the reservation date and without regard to when actually permitted to order;
    By order date, regardless of original reservation date and without regard to assigned "order month";
    Priority given to eTec participants (I was told by one CS rep that approved eTec participants would be given priority because eTec wants to start gathering usage information as soon as possible);
    Some combination of the above.

What have you heard (it would especially helpful to hear from our dealer participants)?

I have the answers you need. Just write me a check for....oh...let's say $10,000 and I'll tell you!!!

In reality, no one knows. Anyone that says they do is speculating. Cross your fingers like the rest of us. ;)

If you make the first shipment, the cars will simply be unloaded, processed and shipped to dealers with no control of who gets dibbs
That is my story and I am sticking to it. Anyway it will not be me.

I'm with smkettner (for once) on this. My dealer told me three truckloads of LEAFs are going to be heading this way, all on the same day, some time between Dec 15 and Jan 7, and mine should be one of those. After that I would expect it's just a matter of getting the cars washed and the paperwork done.

planet4ever said:
I'm with smkettner (for once) on this. My dealer told me three truckloads of LEAFs are going to be heading this way, all on the same day, some time between Dec 15 and Jan 7, and mine should be one of those. After that I would expect it's just a matter of getting the cars washed and the paperwork done.

My dashboard has changed today to say 5 truckloads. My car is showing on truck number two.

EVDRIVER said:
My dashboard has changed today to say 5 truckloads. My car is showing on truck number two.

does it show whether it is the upper or lower deck. It will get the least road grime on the upper deck above the tractor cab.

palmermd said:
EVDRIVER said:

does it show whether it is the upper or lower deck. It will get the least road grime on the upper deck above the tractor cab.

Upper deck. The drivers name is Fred. My dealer is forwarding his driving itinerary this week!

EVDRIVER said:
palmermd said:
EVDRIVER said:

Upper deck. The drivers name is Fred. My dealer is forwarding his driving itinerary this week!

Not Fred! He has incontinence issues and makes frequent, unscheduled stops. You may see your car in late January. :lol:

I recently chatted online with EV Customer Service, and at the end of the chat I got the usual "post-chat" survey. So, I took the opportunity, in the comments section of the survey, to present the delivery priority question again. I expected to get no reply (as is common with such things) but, lo and behold, someone actually read the comment and responded.

Now, it is true that the response provides very little, if any, new information, and the response is obviously intended instead to mollify me. But, it's at least impressive that someone actually reads this stuff. For what it's worth, here's the exchange:

[BTW - if you are one of those who thinks I am wasting my time beating a dead horse, no need to start an entire conversation about it - I get it - I'm obsessed with this! But in case someone is interested]:

smallhorse.jpg

My survey response:

Post-Chat Survey
We’d welcome your feedback, please rate the service you received.

The EV Customer Support team was:

Not Enough Available Information

Any other comments?

There is such confusion about delivery priority, and it seems like the CS team members just try to give as little guidance as possible. It would be helpful if Nissan would publish clear, complete information about expected delivery and how delivery priority is determined. For example, I was told earlier that my inability to order because of communication problems between eTec and Nissan would not affect my delivery date, but it now appears that was not correct and that delivery will be determined solely on the basis of order acceptance date. Also, one CS rep told me that because I am an approved eTec participant, my priority my be improved because ECOtality wanted to start gathering usage information as soon as possible. I now get the impression that is not correct. Your committed early adopters have a thirst for information!

Nissan's response to my comment:

Thank you for taking the time to personally contact us about your interest in the Nissan Electric Vehicle.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. I certainly understand your frustration, and want to assure you that we are in no way withholding information. This process is new for everyone, and available information can be limited at times. Delivery is based, at least in part, on when an order is completed online. We apologize for the delay you experienced in ordering as a result of your ECOtality status. Rest assured that your reservation account was updated and invitation was sent in advance of customers with an October order timing. The impact this will have on your delivery will be slight. When a more precise delivery time frame is available, you will certainly be informed of this. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions, we are here to assist you the best that we can.

We appreciate your time, and encourage you to share our contact details with friends and family. For your convenience, we can be reached:

By return email.
Through our website at http://www.nissanusa.com
By phone at 877-664-2738.

We’re here to serve you from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (CST) Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CST) on Saturday

Sincerely,
Hillary
Nissan EV Customer Support
http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf
1-877 NO GAS EV (664-2738)

dlich18 said:
Nissan's response:
Rest assured that your reservation account was updated and invitation was sent in advance of customers with an October order timing.
As someone else who's order was delayed by eTEC - I got the impression that October orders opened up the same day as our delayed September orders, no?

So while it may have been sent in "advance" - I don't think the amount of time was significant. You might want to call her on it...

Back