sakumar
Delivery Date: 01 May 2012

Re: Official California PG&E Thread

Wed May 23, 2012 6:26 pm

greenleaf wrote: Whether E9x is preferable to E6 depends on the individual's usage. The plus on E9x is the very low off-peak rates compared to E6.

But E9x is about to undergo some drastic changes. Read the following:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 84#p199884" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the information. Since E9x appears to be in flux, I'll just hunker down and stay with E6 for now and see where all this is heading.

Since PG&E has the relevant data, and since it it is a regulated monopoly, I wish there was an option for consumers to play "what-if" with the prior year's data. Even better have PG&E apply all applicable rates and present the cheapest net-metering bill. When pigs fly, huh?

planet4ever
Delivery Date: 02 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1537

Thu May 24, 2012 1:47 am

sakumar wrote:Since PG&E has the relevant data, and since it it is a regulated monopoly, I wish there was an option for consumers to play "what-if" with the prior year's data.
Unless you have a setup I don't know about, PG&E doesn't really have the relevant data. I'm assuming that you don't have a smart meter, but rather an older digital one that can go backwards, probably a GE kV2C without the optional communications feature. If so, all PG&E knows is the values of three counters (peak, partial peak, and off-peak) collected each month by a meter reader physically visiting your home. Those three counters are set up for the time periods in the E6 service plan. Since the periods are different for E9, they don't know how much electricity you are using during the times that would fall in a different category.

E6 Summer peak: 1PM to 7PM, Monday-Friday
E9 Summer peak: 2PM to 9PM, Monday-Friday

How much of your current peak usage is between 1PM and 2PM, so would drop to partial peak? They don't know.
How much of your current partial peak usage is between 7PM and 9PM, so would jump to peak? They don't know.

In fact the first number may well be negative, while the second is almost certainly positive, so those changes would cut against you both ways.

Ray
End of April 2013: Traded my 2011 SL for a 2013 S with charge pkg.

Rat
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2011

Sun May 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Here's a tip. Since I drive low mileage (usually < 15 mi./day) my Leaf charges up almost entirely in the first hour. To avoid getting caught during the switchover from PDT to PST or vice versa I switched from starting at midnight to starting at 1AM. That way I am always charging off peak and don't have to worry about remembering to update timers or clocks. Of course I do change the time on the clocks in the car to match the correct time, but maybe not the first day I should.
2011 SL down to 9 capacity bars
OnWords

Return to “Utilities”