Trying to sort out the options

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino111

Has anyone found a list of the chargers that are available, their prices, their features? I've just started trying to sort out the options and I can't find a single resource for comparison.

Thanks

Keep in mind that the prices on the pluginamerica web site are for the equipment only. The $751 Aerovironment device was going to cost me $2850 installed, so I canceled the order. Another friend was quote a price of nearly $5K. In terms of "sorting out the options" there is little help available for finding a local expert to do your installation other than finding someone locally who already went through the pain.

It's a good idea for an informational thread here -

List of currently available EVSE's, pointer to information, pointer to how to purchase, current price.

And list of EVSE's coming on the market and a pointer to their information.

Something concise and sweet would be really helpful.

There are still only two Level 2 choices available below $1000, I think.

1. Nissan L1 EVSE (included with the LEAF) modified for L1/L2: about $200 for the mod, plus adapter(s)

2. AV L2 EVSE: $725 + tax & shipping

Personally, if I did not already have a free EV Project charger, I'd go for item 1...

garygid said:
There are still only two Level 2 choices available below $1000, I think.

1. Nissan L1 EVSE (included with the LEAF) modified for L1/L2: about $200 for the mod, plus adapter(s)

2. AV L2 EVSE: $725 + tax & shipping

Agreed. I'm glad I was patient (or was it lazy?) and didn't get the A/V EVSE. When it's all said and done my EVSE will cost ~$600 (Phil's mod + electrician installed 240VAC receptacle in garage + $100 A/V assessment, grr).

Rhino111 said:
Can one of you guys please explain the Nissan L1 EVSE mod? I've never heard of this option.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2707

Great deal to allow charging at 240V using the Nissan provided L1 EVSE ... modified :)

Back