The Manual Makes Me Crazy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

wet charging and instantaneous feedback--any?

there are allot of displays and dials/buttons.
besides the big screen on the dash with the blue lights, which tracks left and right to show how the feeding of the beast is going,
is there another way with the trip ticket,
and/or another way on the nav screen,

to assess your instantaneous performance.
I would like that kind of input for what I am doing at the moment, rather than a report on what happened over the last 5, 10 or whole trip minutes.
Anyone?

---And charging in the rain, or under the storm my neighbors lawn sprinkler puts out 3 evenings a week, is there any issue/ danger with that?

thankyouOB said:

---And charging in the rain, or under the storm my neighbors lawn sprinkler puts out 3 evenings a week, is there any issue/ danger with that?
My in-laws are visiting from the NW and had that very question. Besides plugging inside a garage or carport, what do you do at a open air public charger? It is not much concern in SoCal at this time of year but next winter when then will be more public charging stations? Do you just rely on power being cutoff when you "stop" charging? Is there actually a "standard" for this?

mgoleta said:
thankyouOB said:

My in-laws are visiting from the NW and had that very question. Besides plugging inside a garage or carport, what do you do at a open air public charger? It is not much concern in SoCal at this time of year but next winter when then will be more public charging stations? Do you just rely on power being cutoff when you "stop" charging? Is there actually a "standard" for this?
Yes, there's a "standard" for it. There's even a standard for it...and lots and lots of testing. There is no hazard from operation in wet conditions.

Back