Hello all and thank you. loving new to me 2013sv

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all; I want to thank all for all the great information and tips. I have read this forum for about a year before buying me used 2013 SV . Was looking at a 2012SL at a local dealer but they would not haggle and wanted too add vin etching. :shock: not in this life time!. This just made me realize that I wanted the upgrades in the 13 my anyway. With an expanded search on cars.com. I found what seamed to be just what I wanted. With the posts that I read I was able to decipher the 100 pictures of nothing on the car :idea: So before I drove 100miles each way I knew that this SV had all the features that I wanted. As loaded as a SV gets. with a in service date 12/24/13 in TN. lots of original warrant left and only 14k miles. And less then the 2012 CT. So off I go to long island from new haven area on a Saturday no less. To make a long story shorter after a long day if haggling ( I think they keep you there all day to wear you down to the point that you will say yes to any thing just to get out ) we final do the deal. I finally get in my car to head for home. Type the address in to the nav and "address out of range" pops up. Neat did not know that it did that( all the car that I test drove had the nav card removed ), anyway I already knew(I hoped) that the highway rest area in Darien CT showed on plugshare to be working the day before. I have never plugged in an electric car and the first time that I do will be a hi voltage quick charger at midnight in a rain storm. Sorry those foolish thoughts get me some times. So with some trepidation off I go for my very first trip in my new to me leaf. the trip was good it was latter at night traffic was light for new York and I relaxed more as the miles roll by and returned to more familiar roads. I was at the rest area before I new it and still had 30 miles range cool. Now the EVSE where are you?. Oh cleverly concealed in the open right out front, then why was I looking on every other side of the rest area. :roll: We finally meet up. How much what hoop will I half to jump through? .Nope is plug and play and free how great is this. So 20-30 minutes can you say coffee!!!. All caffeinated up and all charged up. well 85 % that way more than enough to get home. maybe some speed trials on the final leg. Well that's another story. So home we made it. with plenty to spare. So thanks to all that made this a Fun informed event more to follow Dan

Hiyosilveraway said:
....I have never plugged in an electric car and the first time that I do will be a hi voltage quick charger at midnight in a rain storm. Sorry those foolish thoughts get me some times...
Nope, I think you have everyone on this forum beat! Welcome!

Back