Is There a Way to Buy a Leaf Before July 2011?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafMan2B

Ok, I freely admit that I dropped the ball on getting on the Leaf list early last year, so don't flame me. I'm just looking for a way to get a Leaf before July of 2011 (that's when my CA HOV sticker expires on my Prius). Also, I'm getting PV solar panels on the house in the summer. I was going to convert my Prius into a plugin but I now think the Leaf is a better investment. So I'm looking for a way to obtain any color or configuration of Leaf before July. I've already been systematically calling all Nissan dealerships in California and getting on their orphan waiting lists. If anyone has any other ideas or know of orphaned cars . . . Please shoot me an email ASAP. Thanks!

Thanks for responding. I have a call in to Pacific Nissan. Everytime I call they give me a different answer. Mostly, they just tell me that if I didn't get on the list last year, I'm not getting a car until 2012 at the earliest. I'm still trying.

Please don't take this as a flame, but you have 20,000 people standing in line in front of you. They have all been standing in line for months, and some of them are likely to be perturbed if you cut in front of them. That's just facts. However, if you're willing to pay enough money I'm sure you can get a car one way or another. And if it is enough more than the rest of us are paying, we'll probably just giggle and shake our heads.

Or, of course, you can get in line yourself, and find someone to carpool with until your number comes up.

But you'll likely get your LEAF before those of us 20000 in the "forgotten 36", so maybe the line is a few thousand shorter than 20000, so far as you're concerned. As I understand it, Nissan's current plan is to put new reservation holders in roll-out states ahead of us current reservation holders in the "forgotten 36".

Back