dyhopper
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

"Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:15 am

Everything looked fine this morning until I opened the trunk (before turning on the car). After opening the trunk, the dash came alive and said "Stop Vehicle". I turned the car on and off a couple of times and when turning off it would appear to turn off for a couple of seconds, then come back on with a "visit dealer" message and then "Stop Vehicle" with a picture of a battery. :(
I drove it to work anyway and it drove fine. But, it still had the problem after getting to work. So, I had to take it to the dealer. I'll let you know what they say.

garygid
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855

Re: "Stop Vehicle" message on dash

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 am

Sounds like the 12v battery might have been low, and
that the 12v battery is not getting charged properly.
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2010 Prius, now for sale
2011 LEAF, sold in 2015
2018 Tesla Model 3
2014 Tesla S, Model 3 in 2019
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
To Sell: X-treme 5000Li EV motorcycle

DarkStar
Delivery Date: 25 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 568

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 am

Interesting! I'm thinking 12 volt battery too... Hopefully it's not a big issue though.
Mikiko (2011 Nissan LEAF ETEC) Status:
Reserved: 04/20/10 | Ordered: 10/01/10 | EV Project Blink Installed: 03/22/11 | Delivered: 03/25/11 | VIN: 568

Oregon Electric Vehicle Association | Electric Auto Association

dyhopper

Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Not an easy fix I guess. They are calling in the Nissan experts and I'll be driving a loaner for the next couple of days. Too bad, as I'm getting the Blink installed on Friday and they said they'd have a camera out there to document the install. Will be kind of anti-climatic without the car....

PDXLeafer
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0203

Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:50 pm

That bites about the LEAF! Let us know what it ends up being. Hopefully not rain related, or it's gonna get me soon too!
Congrats on getting the BLINK this Friday - hopefully mine will be shortly after your 'Media Event' launch :)
Cheers!
-Oliver

Glacier Pearl ETEC trim (Nanook) .:. Reserved: 4/20/10 .:. Ordered: 8/31/10 .:. Deliverance: January 18, 2011 .:. EVSE: Installed 12/13/10 .:. '74 Citicar - donated to PCC 11/10

JimSouCal

Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:51 pm

dyhopper wrote:Not an easy fix I guess. They are calling in the Nissan experts....
Perhaps it is an issue of technical experience? To one who knows it may prove very easy. That is a realistic hope. Either way, I am certain many here are watching to see how it works out--I sure am.

Skywagon
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011

Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 pm

dyhopper wrote:Not an easy fix I guess. They are calling in the Nissan experts and I'll be driving a loaner for the next couple of days. Too bad, as I'm getting the Blink installed on Friday and they said they'd have a camera out there to document the install. Will be kind of anti-climatic without the car....
You might want to let ECOtality know about your car not being there (the representative that contacted you). My install is the one being used for the media event for AZ and they made sure my car will be available. You may also want to verify when exactly they are wanting to do the filming as they chose to film the footage after my unit was installed.

Also, keep us informed on what they find with your car as it might affect some of us later on. Maybe we need to start a sticky thread with discovered issues and the solutions to them.

dyhopper

Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:05 pm

The "expert" is coming from California and will be here tomorrow afternoon. My Blink install is actually Thursday and is not a media event, as far as I know. He just said they'd have a camera there to record the install. There actually is a big media event next week at my house though. I better have the Leaf back by then! PDXLeafer, I assume you turned these guys down for this event? I can't think of any reason that it would be at my place instead of yours, except maybe I happened to be there when they called.
The problem started this morning after being in a nice dry garage all night, so I doubt it's rain related. But, who knows.

Skywagon
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:02 pm

dyhopper wrote:The "expert" is coming from California and will be here tomorrow afternoon. My Blink install is actually Thursday and is not a media event, as far as I know. He just said they'd have a camera there to record the install. There actually is a big media event next week at my house though. I better have the Leaf back by then! PDXLeafer, I assume you turned these guys down for this event? I can't think of any reason that it would be at my place instead of yours, except maybe I happened to be there when they called.
The problem started this morning after being in a nice dry garage all night, so I doubt it's rain related. But, who knows.
They were trying to get me to have the media event at my house as well but I declined that and they are arranging for another location to do so. The camera visit is to record some b-roll footage to piece together with the footage from the official media event.

derkraut
Delivery Date: 14 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 004248

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Hey; I'm an old, simple, conservative type of guy; and I'm really beginning to have reservations about this car. I mean--almost every day when I peruse this forum, I read about a new "issue".

If this was a new ICE vehicle, it would probably be classified a pending "lemon" by now. :( :o
Derkraut
Color: Cayenne SLE, ETEC trim
reserved: 5/15/2010
Leaf del. 6/14/2011
New Traction battery installed on 7/28/2017:

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”