Electric Vehicle (EV) System Warning Light-High Temperature?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbrance

I have a 2019 Leaf Plus SV that I have had for a little over a month.

I was using a Chademo Charger today 50kw. I did two 30 min charging sessions on the Car to get the car above 90% before leaving the charger. The charging stations were not shaded and the local temperature was in the Mid 90's. When I left the charger, the Electric Vehicle (EV) System Warning light was on. I drove the vehicle for another 60-mins at freeway speeds and it seemed to work fine despite the warning light. I then parked the car for about 60 mins. When I started the car the EV System warning light was no longer on. I checked the battery temperature with Leaf Spy Pro and it was 112.7F.

When I looked at the on-board battery temperature gauge it didn't indicate the battery temperature was in the Red when I left the charger.

Was the EV System warning light was on because of the high temperature in the battery? Of course the manual isn't much help and just recommends taking it into Nissan. P 2-21.

Your best bet is retrieving the DTCs via Leaf Spy Pro. IIRC, you may have to enable a screen in settings.

I've not heard of that warning light coming up due to a hot battery yet. It's possible the charging session/charger triggered it.

In many cases, the warning light will go away by itself after a few power cycles but the DTC should be stored.

I've not heard of that warning light coming up due to a hot battery yet. It's possible the charging session/charger triggered it.

L-2 charging can trigger the EV warning light if the charging station is having issues. I assume that QC can do it as well.

cwerdna said:
Your best bet is retrieving the DTCs via Leaf Spy Pro. IIRC, you may have to enable a screen in settings.

In many cases, the warning light will go away by itself after a few power cycles but the DTC should be stored.

So I enabled the DTC in Leaf Spy Pro and no alarms had been triggered.

In the future I am going to keep the ODBII Adapter in the car so I can spot check these as necessary.

I am going with the CHAdemo charger triggered it. When I tried to enable it for the 2nd session it took several tries before it started.

Back