Conflicting Timers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2016 Leaf SL and I’m trying to set my charge and climate chargers so the car will preheat but not fill the battery every day. My wife’s commute is 13 km (7 miles) one way and in a couple months it will be frigid here.
Climate timer is set for 700. I started with the charge timer set for 830 thinking that would leave me with ~80%, not the case. The charge completed at ~100% at 700. A couple days later when I got the charge down to 60% I reset the charge timer to 1000. At 500 it was at 80% with 2 hours remaining.
I’m thinking that my climate charger is feeding my departure time to the charge timer? Best solution I can come up with is to set my ChargePoint to not come on until 600. I don’t really want to charge it from ~85 to 100% every day. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I've found that I had set the timer for 2 hrs 20 minutes after my departure time to limit it to 80% but it varies quite a bit from day to day. I've had no climate timer involvement here.

I've decided to set starting and ending times for the charging based on the indicated battery percentage the night before. I've found that one hour 20 minutes covers what my typical previous day has consumed, but it's still somewhat experimental (and laborious) at this point.

Thanks. I guess I’m doing the same thing except I’m using the charger’s interface for the start charge time so I don’t have to go out to the car and fiddle with it.

In the months since my earlier posting, I've been doing a little mental math each afternoon to figure out how to set the start of charge time for the desired end percentage.
This has been enough of a hassle that I've decided to resume the end time only setting, 2+ hrs after my anticipated departure time. Chalk it up silly mistakes in my arithmetic and the variability of my battery use from day to day.

Back