Feeling fooled by Nissan-EV app does not work. Join me!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredrikgn

Hello,

My name is Fredrik and I live Sweden. Two months ago I bought a Leaf Tekna. A great car! We love and almost moved our Volvo permanently to the garage.

However, when I bought the car the showed all the functions with the app and they also promote their app on their www, as a sellingpoint.
We are many who never get it to work - the app has 1* rating in playstore/appstore and all users say the same. It does not work and we have given up!
I have paid ap 40000 USD for this car. It is a lot of money for my family (2 adults 3 kids) and for a car! For me it is crucial to be able to preheat the car before departing. I live in Sweden.......it is really cold....

We who have complaid have gotten no help from Nissan and I have now taken it to the Swedish Consumer Court.
It is not fair to promote a function that Nissan knows does not work properly!

Please "like" my posting och write your own experience on my FB-posting on Nissans FB!

Swedish Nissan: https://www.facebook.com/NissanSverige/posts/2976764172353224
Nissan "Global":https://www.facebook.com/NissanElectric/posts/10158992413777796

I find the app mostly works fine, it just takes a long time to connect. So you hit refresh, the command goes to the server, then to the car, back to the server, back to you. Take about a minute. I live in a major city so that may help. It does have outages, but I find that if I send 1 command then move to something else while I wait the minute or two it works fine. I get a notification on my phone when the response comes back.

Fredrikgn said:
For me it is crucial to be able to preheat the car before departing. I live in Sweden.......it is really cold....

If your departure time is predictable, set a timer to preheat the car.

The app works for me. However, I do not live in Sweden. Perhaps this is a problem with the local phone system or the LEAF's interface to the local phone system?

The app is horrible, too slow, sometimes it will stop working, but when I used from 2015-2017 with a different app called Leaf Manager it worked fine, unfortunately in 2017 nissan made changes which made the servers unreliable, since then the app would work 2-3 weeks then it it wouldnt work for a few days i finally gave up and i stopped using because i was never sure if it worked, finally i month ago i sold my leaf and i will for sure never buy a nissan in my life.

Connecting to the NissanEVConnect (née CARWINGS) app has always been a crapshoot for me since I got the vehicle almost 8 years ago. It is not a problem any longer. My TCU (whatever that is) turned bad and would have to be replaced, for the 2nd time. I already replaced it once when AT&T abandoned 2G services. Now, the device costs just under US$1200 and that’s not gonna happen. So, my 2012 SL that can go only about 35 miles on a 100% charge now also has none of the telematics features so highly touted by Nissan. The price of early-adoptership for this vehicle is high indeed.

Deoc said:
The app is horrible, too slow, sometimes it will stop working... [snip] ... i sold my leaf and i will for sure never buy a nissan in my life.
My experiences with the app are similar to those of Kev994, and it's also worth mentioning that if it's installed on more than one phone, only one user can be logged-in at a time - the other user just gets error messages.

However, like Deoc, I wouldn't buy another Nissan. I've posted elsewhere about the poor warranty for purchasers in the EU, specifically that our air conditioning failed completely after 12 months (only 3,000 miles!) but it isn't covered by the warranty and Nissan won't even look at it unless we agree to pay $160 for re-gassing. :(

At least it's not often very warm here in the UK and we can always open the windows!

In Canada my wife and I are both logged-in using the same account. The only downside is that if one of us refreshes the app we both get a notification.

Have you tried the third-party alternative app, "My Leaf" if it works with your market and vehicle?

I considered a LEAF with connectivity but found that my prepaid phone carrier is not on the list to create a Nissan Connect account.

I preheat by going out to the car, turning it on and turning on the heater and seats (in the garage, and I live where no one else is nearby).

OP
checkout this link:
I had terrible problems with the car at the beginning, could not connect with Nissan sw.

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28568

CarWings worked fine with my 2011; CarWings and then later EV Connect worked fine with my 2015; EV Connect works fine with my 2019. There have been occasional system outages, but the system has worked well for me with BlackBerry app initially and now with Android app running on BlackBerry PRIV (all phones were on Verizon system). I also use my laptop (using Internet Explorer) to access the system.

PrairieLEAF said:
I considered a LEAF with connectivity but found that my prepaid phone carrier is not on the list to create a Nissan Connect account.

I preheat by going out to the car, turning it on and turning on the heater and seats (in the garage, and I live where no one else is nearby).

You know you can activate climate control from a web browser/PC, right?

My last successful battery status update was 20 days ago.
Yesterday worked for a few hours, today is dead again.
My Leaf app, that uses the Nissan API usually did the trick, but now it does not work either, so it's a global European problem.

Nissan support still seems to believe is a car problem, but I have a FB group and many members replied the same problem.

Back