calliope
Delivery Date: 28 Feb 2019

Nissan Connect app alternative?

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:06 pm

I find the Nissan Connect app pretty unhelpful for my 2019 Leaf - it's very unreliable and seemingly only works when it wants to. I had been using the EVA Leaf app very happily until Nissan changed the API (whatever that is) and it no longer worked. I know there was a security reason, but it still leaves me without a remote reading of my battery charge (which is what I primarily wanted.....the stats are interesting, but the battery charge is necessary).

I could go full-info and get the LeafSpy Pro app and leave the OBD II always plugged in, but it seems like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. Then again, the information on LeafSpy Pro might be a good thing anyway.

Suggestions? Opinions?

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: Nissan Connect app alternative?

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:33 pm

I tried one of the apps that used to work and had the same failure. It seems that Nissan's servers now won't allow 3rd party app access. The workaround that I used was to go to Nissan's website via the app version of Firefox, and access the climate control that way. It takes longer and is a PITA, but it works. OTOH, the Nissan app started working fine for me about a two weeks ago. Have you tried it again lately? It even opens already at the climate control page, now.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

chk
Delivery Date: 12 Oct 2018
Leaf Number: 032796

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:43 pm

After several chargers of one certain company (EnBW in Germany) stopped the Leaf while charging, causing serious problems for me urgently seeking for reliable chargers (several times, unexpectedly having a nearly empty car after returning to it hours later) I started creating an app for detecting charging aborts and such. Well the app grew... ;)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... om.chk.lcc

Some additional information on https://android.chk.digital/lcc/

If you have any suggestions on improving, please tell me. My apps live by your ideas.

An updated version will be available in a few hours, I just uploaded it, offering timed climate control (including schedules).

(of course, the app is only as good as the Nissan API is).

Stanton
Delivery Date: 01 Sep 2011
Leaf Number: 7458

Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:15 am

chk wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:43 pm
An updated version will be available in a few hours, I just uploaded it, offering timed climate control (including schedules).
Is there an iOS version?
2011 Blue Ocean SV w/floor mats & window tint
Lithium Pros 12v LiFePO4 battery w/Antigravity Battery Tracker
FIAMM 74100 horns
Wet Okole seat covers
Tor's low-power heater mod
2013 sun visor
Battery Pack replaced (Rev E) @51 months and 41k miles

chk
Delivery Date: 12 Oct 2018
Leaf Number: 032796

Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:17 pm

Sorry, no. It's a hobby and I create these apps as I need them - and Apple is an unknown universe for me. It would more than duplicate the effort.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”