Quick charge port not locking

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flickswagen

Hello,

One of the first gen Leafs I work on has a problem with its quick charge port: it won't lock the charging cable. The cable goes in without any extra difficulty and even charges the car mostly without problems, but there's no audible click from it and the cable can be freely disconnected from the car, even during charging. This has happened on 5 different charging stations now. If I was to disconnect the cable during charging, it can trigger an orange EV system warning light on the dashboard, or it can take the charger itself out of service completely.

What should I look at to diagnose the problem? Is this even possible to repair by myself?

You might post a photo of the charge port. Try embedding a link to an upload on imgur.com.

It could be as simple as a little bit of epoxy or an entire new chademo inlet.

coleafrado said:
You might post a photo of the charge port. Try embedding a link to an upload on imgur.com.

It could be as simple as a little bit of epoxy or an entire new chademo inlet.

I've uploaded some here. Sorry for the flash, it's late in the evening where I live.

Looks like something from the top has come off.

Flickswagen said:
I've uploaded some here. Sorry for the flash, it's late in the evening where I live.

Looks like something from the top has come off.

Yup, it's missing the bit that the plug latches onto right at the top. The rectangular channel is supposed to be "filled" out to the furthest extent of the connector from where it broke off. Might not be repairable.

Back