30 kwh lost bars but no sign of degradation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losy

Hello. I'm new on this site. so, this is my 2nd nissan leaf. it's 2017 30kwh. bought about 2 yrs ago and it had 12 bars and 92% soh. now it has 10 bars and leafspy shows 73% soh. but thing is, range has not reduced at all. I tried to use all the energy and I drove it until the little turtle came on dash and then I plugged it in. and battery took exactly 27kwh (which is 90% of 30). I know that 30 kwh batteries have this problem but, can I do anything to have 12 bars again ? because range reading is awfully incorrect and I don't like to have 10 bars instead of 12 when it must have all of it. :roll: :roll:

I'll move this to the existing topic later.

If you really haven't lost any effective range, then the Battery Management System (BMS) update/patch that Nissan issued for the 30kwh Leafs should get your 12 bars back. You may subsequently lose one of them, as a 15% loss of capacity isn't always really easy to spot. If you lose 4 capacity bars eventually, then you get a free 40kwh battery, as long as less than 8 years or 100,000 miles has elapsed.

Update software for free at Nissan.
Remember that the BMS has to recalibrate after the update. It might take a couple of months, perhaps more if the car is not driven much.

27 kWh from the meter is not 27 kWh into the battery. 10 - 15% charging losses occur.

Back