My LEAF has taken over control of my phone's music player

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoSolar

Every time I turn off my LEAF, my Android phone's music player (winamp) starts playing a song from my phone. Yes, it's paired with the LEAF for making calls, but what command is the car sending to my phone to activate the music player? The phone is a Samsung Intercept.

Yesterday it played the same song each time. Today it played a different song each time, every time. They are not 1st and 2nd in any playlist or in any kind of alphabetical order. They're both just random songs on my phone. It was funny the first time, but its really annoying that I can't make it stop. I have to go into the music app and hit the stop button. I make sure the app is forced closed and yet it still fires it up again the very next time I shut off the car.

I went back to the dealer and of course the sales guy didn't believe me until we went out to the car, started it up, shut it down ... and there was Anita Baker belting it out on my phone. We force closed the app, then repeated the startup and shutdown and sure enough Anita was at it again. I love the song (its on my phone after all), but this is ridiculous.

The car IS off when this happens, so perhaps its the key fob sending out signals? Any ideas?

I've noticed the same thing with the Nexus S 4G and Winamp, but only if I am on a call when I turn the car off and continue that call away from the car. When I hang up, Winamp starts playing out of the phone's speaker. That said, it's not a Leaf problem as the phone behaved the same way with the Prius which only has Aux-In (analog) for music (but bluetooth for voice calls). If I'm not on a call and turn the car off (or unplug the aux jack) Winamp will stop playing music as one would expect it to.

check the settings in your music player, I had the same problem but found a setting in the player that said something to the effect of "play upon connect" I turned that setting off and had no more problems.

-Matt

This happens all of the time but it's with the Google Music app. It is extremely annoying. I can't find any setting to turn it off. Help!

I have an Android phone as well and can confirm that the issue is with the app. Basically you need to make sure the app you're using is configured to not auto start on a Bluetooth connection. I use DoggCatcher and there was a bug a couple versions ago where it would start playing automatically, even though the setting was off in the app.

I haven't tried Winamp, but I suggest that it's probably doing the same thing.

I uninstalled Winamp. I've had lots of issues with Winamp prior to getting my LEAF and pairing it up. The LEAF did seem to set Winamp off too often. It pairs great with the regular music player. Select Bluetooth audio and it just starts playing. Couldn't ask for an easier way to play my podcasts.

JP

Back