Small bug found with tree meter

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonT

Ok, so I realize the tree meter is useless - but I figured I would pass this along anyway.

I have a road I travel on frequently that I can swith into Neutral and the Leaf stays at about the same speed. I was doing this the other day and for some reason pushed down on the "a" pedal. When I pushed it down far enough I noticed that the instant tree meter went down, indicating I was not being as efficient. The other indicators (instant energy efficiency in dash, energy economy screen on center display) all read appropriately.

It's clearly a bug - but a small one on a fairly silly feature.

JasonT said:
Ok, so I realize the tree meter is useless - but I figured I would pass this along anyway.

I have a road I travel on frequently that I can swith into Neutral and the Leaf stays at about the same speed. I was doing this the other day and for some reason pushed down on the "a" pedal. When I pushed it down far enough I noticed that the instant tree meter went down, indicating I was not being as efficient. The other indicators (instant energy efficiency in dash, energy economy screen on center display) all read appropriately.

It's clearly a bug - but a small one on a fairly silly feature.

Cool! A way to grow (no pun intended) the the top of the Carwings leader board when it comes to tree growth! Put the car in N and floor the go pedal for extended lengths of time! :D

Except that, he said it reads worse when you do that. Actually, I would expect the tree meter to drop when you put it in Neutral. Maybe it didn't notice until you pushed the pedal. The pedal really should do nothing here, but I've observed that the meter goes by "concept" rather than reality.

Back