Hail Damage?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soviet

We just had a massive thunderstorm here in the San Antonio area and apparently a bit of hail fell down. Has anyone had their Leaf damaged by hail? What happened? How was the damage?

I'm so worried. I haven't seen the car yet, so I don't know what's up, but I am worried. 2,700 miles on it already.

A piece of that satellite from a week ago hit my hood and only made a small chip in the hood. Anyone else get hit? How much do you think it will cost to fix? I hope it won't mess with my CAN BUS :shock:

Where I'm from, it seems like there is hail every year. I have been lucky a few times, but when I had to have hail damage repaired, it was expensive. I have had to file a claim 3 out of the last 5 years, which meant I had to pay my deductible of $500. I have learned to have the body shop information close at hand. If you don't know of a repair shop, Angie's List can provide you with some options. In my situation, I guess I should get to cleaning out that garage!

mwalsh said:
Urgh! I can only imagine the kind of damage good-sized hail will do to that aluminum hood! :shock:
I don't have to imagine. Beech Aircraft had a large number of new general aviation aircraft parked outside their Kansas plant in the early 70's when a hailstorm hit (pun intended). All the aluminum upper skins looked like a thousand elves with ball-peen hammers had arrived for a convention. The insurance company took the loss and the planes were all sold at a substantial discount. Some people claimed they performed better because of the new "golfball" surface; others were less convinced. If you worry about hail damage and don't want to experiment with low-drag dimpling of your Leaf, follow Leafer12's advice to clean out the garage. Or, perhaps you could move to the Southwest and battle with sand storms. :lol:

Back