climate control timer not going off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukemd

I have set my climate control timer, 750am, says set but not going off. Did not go off this Monday Am. Checked it last night and said next timer was MON AM. Now says Tues AM
I am trickle charging. Full charge.
Days are set.

Do I need to have something else turned on? setup?

Should the little slit "timer" light be on? It is not.

Need more info. Are you charging via 110v or 220v? How about charge/climate priority settings? I'm not so sure pre-cool/heat will work when connected via 110v.

dukemd said:
I have set my climate control timer, 750am, says set but not going off. Did not go off this Monday Am. Checked it last night and said next timer was MON AM. Now says Tues AM
I am trickle charging. Full charge.
Days are set.

Do I need to have something else turned on? setup?

Should the little slit "timer" light be on? It is not.
Yes, the timer light should be on. With the climate control timer set at 7:50am, it will start preheating (or precooling) the car at about 7:20am. It should work with 120v charging, however I haven't personally tested it myself.

Trickle charge=120v

the timer light is on when car is on but turns off with powering down.

what are climate/priority settings per previous post?

How are you confirming that the climate control timer did not operate? Were you in or near the car to hear it or feel the air movement; or did you check it using Carwings? I found that Carwings does not indicate the fan is ON even though it is when turned ON through the climate control timer.

Another possibility: what is the ambient temperature? If the car's cabin is already close to 77° the climate control may not need to turn on.

dukemd said:
... what are climate/priority settings per previous post?
You choose whether the climate timer takes precedence over the charging timer or vice versa. Push the "Zero emissions" button, then choose "settings" and "other settings". The item you want is "timer with priority"
See page 2-14 of the NAV owner's manual.
— [Timer With Priority]:
  • If the timer charge function and the Climate Ctrl. Timer function are in operation at the same time due to an overlap of the timer settings, either function can be set to be preferentially provided with electric power.
Since you use 120v charging, I'm thinking that your timed overnight charge hasn't completed before your climate timer goes off in the morning.

Back