No weather stripping on sides of hood - water leaks in

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigc

When it rains or I wash the car water gets on the engine. There is no weather stripping on the sides of the hood. Does anyone have weather stripping on the sides? Anyone else getting water under the hood on the engine and other parts?

craigc said:
When it rains or I wash the car water gets on the engine. There is no weather stripping on the sides of the hood. Does anyone have weather stripping on the sides? Anyone else getting water under the hood on the engine and other parts?

Nothing on the sides, and the weatherstripping along the leading edge seems to be sufficient to prevent most water ingress. But part of my washing routine anyway is to pop the hood and wipe off any excess water that does happen to make it into the motor compartment.

Front and back, but not on the sides. And the charge port has weather stripping, but it doesn't work. I hope that the caps on the plugs will keep the contacts dry. I keep a rag handy to dry the compartment before plugging in.

craigc said:
Anyone else getting water under the hood on the engine and other parts?

It's not possible to get water on the Leaf's engine...'cause it doesn't have one. :D

I hadn't noticed any water intrusion though. Maybe when we get some rainier weather.

pasowino said:
craigc said:
Anyone else getting water under the hood on the engine and other parts?

It's not possible to get water on the Leaf's engine...'cause it doesn't have one. :D

I hadn't noticed any water intrusion though. Maybe when we get some rainier weather.

I guess motor is more appropriate.....

From Merriam-Webster online dictionary:

Engine:
4: a machine for converting any of various forms of energy into mechanical force and motion; also : a mechanism or object that serves as an energy source <black holes may be the engines for quasars>

Motor:
1: one that imparts motion; specifically : prime mover
2: any of various power units that develop energy or impart motion: as a: a small compact engine b: internal combustion engine; especially : a gasoline engine c: a rotating machine that transforms electrical energy into mechanical energy

Back