LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 15496
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Free XM Again

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:15 am

jjeff wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:17 am
cwerdna wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:10 pm
It's free again thru Dec 3rd, it seems: https://slickdeals.net/f/13586302-psa-s ... -sirius-xm.

My Leaf w/no subscription suddenly has access.
Thanks :) I'll pass it on to my family members. I personally can't stand to listen to XM, at least in my Leaf. It's so shrill and lacking in bass it hurts my ears :? Don't get me wrong, I like the selection, particularly the 60s, 70s and 80s channels along with the album rock channel but I just can't get past the shrillness for music I really like. For something not too demanding like background Christmas music it's ok.
Have you tried adjusting the sound in the audio menu? That is especially effective with Leafs equipped with the Bose sound system. The default is set to produce little base and lots of treble.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

jjeff
Posts: 2153
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121
Location: MSP MN

Re: Free XM Again

Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:19 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:15 am
jjeff wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:17 am
cwerdna wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:10 pm
It's free again thru Dec 3rd, it seems: https://slickdeals.net/f/13586302-psa-s ... -sirius-xm.

My Leaf w/no subscription suddenly has access.
Thanks :) I'll pass it on to my family members. I personally can't stand to listen to XM, at least in my Leaf. It's so shrill and lacking in bass it hurts my ears :? Don't get me wrong, I like the selection, particularly the 60s, 70s and 80s channels along with the album rock channel but I just can't get past the shrillness for music I really like. For something not too demanding like background Christmas music it's ok.
Have you tried adjusting the sound in the audio menu? That is especially effective with Leafs equipped with the Bose sound system. The default is set to produce little base and lots of treble.
Yes on both my '13S without Bose and also '12SL again without Bose I've tried lowering the treble and slightly increasing the bass. It's not that I want thumping bass and both vehicles sound good listening to FM or a CD. Now that XM is available again I should listen to it in my mother's '13 SL w/Bose to hear how it sounds. I do know hers sounds better with FM and CD than either of mine but I've never heard it on XM.
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

cwerdna
Posts: 11144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Free XM Again

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:02 am

I received snail mail about it being free from June 25 to July 6.

https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free-listen confirms it being free thru July 6.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

coleafrado
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:58 pm

Re: Free XM Again

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 am

cwerdna wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:02 am
I received snail mail about it being free from June 25 to July 6.

https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free-listen confirms it being free thru July 6.
Such a funny little Easter egg on this car. Thank you for sharing the notification.

umdkevin
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:47 am
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2019

Re: Free XM Again

Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:07 pm

coleafrado wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 am
cwerdna wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:02 am
I received snail mail about it being free from June 25 to July 6.

https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free-listen confirms it being free thru July 6.
Such a funny little Easter egg on this car. Thank you for sharing the notification.
I've found if you save a favorite artist on XM, you'll always know when they are running a free listen.
LEAF 2018 SV Gun Metallic (traded at odo 7350)
LEAF 2019 SL Plus Gun Metallic
5/4/19 - odo 570, SOH 99.22, AHr 175.02, Hx 103.17
5/4/20 - odo 11,242, SOH 93.13, AHr 164.281, Hx 115.21

cwerdna
Posts: 11144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Free XM Again

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:33 pm

^^^^
I'm guessing that's a feature on newer Nissan head units. I don't recall such a thing on my '13 SV w/premium.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”