palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Re: Steering Wheel Controls...

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:37 pm

does anybody use button "a"? What a waste of space. Wish we could customize the view when you hit the button. Showing the entire state is useless.
Michael

Leaf from 31 March 2011 - Traded 18 April 2019 for Tesla Model 3 Unicorn
Driving electric since 1996

Leaf Bar Loss

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:53 pm

palmermd wrote:does anybody use button "a"? What a waste of space. Wish we could customize the view when you hit the button. Showing the entire state is useless.
Yeah, button A is a useless marketing gimmick. Nobody drives in a straight line to their destination and the GOM is crappy. Who knows what the inner circle represents? Is it is just some % of the larger circle?

It may as well be removed or serve a more useful purpose (e.g. Menu > Info > Where Am I?) I stumbled across that function being quite useful and probably one of the best (probably not too well known) features of the nav system, which overall isn't very good.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

DanDietrich
Delivery Date: 14 Mar 2014
Leaf Number: 332213

Fri May 16, 2014 6:41 am

My thoughts: First, make them brighter. Then, shorten the source button because I, too, hit it when I turn. Third, the volume buttons should be physically located up and down, so that when your finger goes up, the volume goes up. Finally, all of these buttons should be software controlled through the main screen, so they can be reprogrammed or disabled by the owner. Has anyone hacked this car yet?

Return to “Enhancement / Change Requests”