Spare Leaf NAV/Head Unit $1,842

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Just about choked on my lunch when I looked up the part for the Leaf NAV unit on everything nissan.com website....Not that I need one or anything, "just looking" as the phrase goes....

https://www.everythingnissan.com/nissan-oem-parts-search.html

The part number for the NAV unit is 259153NA0A

List price $2,267, your low discount price is $1,842.... :cool:

Be careful with those mods....

nav.jpg

Randy said:
Just about choked on my lunch when I looked up the part for the Leaf NAV unit on everything nissan.com website....Not that I need one or anything, "just looking" as the phrase goes....

https://www.everythingnissan.com/nissan-oem-parts-search.html

Be careful with those mods....

nav.jpg

I'd rather have a $200 Garmin portable. :eek:

I hear ya, Der, but there's the issue of all those other functions the unit does...

It's a lot more than a stereo and a nav....

Randy said:
I hear ya, Der, but there's the issue of all those other functions the unit does...

Now we just need to get the code out of it, figure out how it all works, and come up with an open-source replacement built around some other (better) head unit! :)

lemketron said:
Randy said:

Now we just need to get the code out of it, figure out how it all works, and come up with an open-source replacement built around some other (better) head unit! :)

It looks to be a EURO Clarion DD unit with custom software, too bad it sounds like @#&* for that cost.

I'm still trying to figure out what the writing on the label means:
TO THROW AWAY IN CASE OF FREE-FALL
Like, if you catch some air driving your LEAF on the SF hills you have to throw away the NAV unit before landing? A unique feature on my RAV4 EV is the "Service Prug" whose function is to disconect the high voltage battery. :eek:

ElectricVehicle said:
I'm still trying to figure out what the writing on the label means:
TO THROW AWAY IN CASE OF FREE-FALL
Mangled translation of: "Fragile: Do not drop". It is not the fall which damages it, but the impact. Maybe this is my new favorite; some of my previous favorite mangled translations were from Sony's minidisc:

High pitched sound = high fidelity reproduction
Attached goods = included accessories
Rear end bit allocation algorithm = ATRAC-R

My 2003 subaru impreza wrx manaul references "eye hooks" - which I finally figured out in context means safety glasses (they're talking about wearing them when dealing with the battery).

Incidentally I saw in some thread someone was complaining about Nissan choosing Clarion because they thought it was a bad brand... Clarion's really not a bad brand in the aftermarket. It's a commonly used brand of head units in high-level competitive car audio. Not that all their stuff is great, some is definitely crap, but some of their stuff is pretty great.

Nothing I've seen of theirs justifies this price tag of course :p

Randy said:
Just about choked on my lunch when I looked up the part for the Leaf NAV unit on everything nissan.com website...

Glad I got the extended warranty on the LEAF to include overpriced stuff like this :)

jclemens said:
how can one find out the part number if there is no label on it? (like a wiring harness?)

The Nissan dealers have microfiche with part numbers that they can look up for you...

Randy said:
The Nissan dealers have microfiche with part numbers that they can look up for you...

Microfiche !?! Surely you jest ?

I'd hope and expect a 21st century vehicle had an electronic parts catalog.

Back