Pandora over Bluetooth

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick0101

I have been listening to Pandora and Slacker Radio on my HTC Android phone in my Leaf via Bluetooth and I love it. For most of the drive I have a strong 4G signal and I can stream high bit rates.

There is one strange thing that wanted to see if anyone else has found this or knows how to fix it.

With Slacker, when I turn off the stereo, or just turn off the car while Slacker radio is on, Slacker will pause. Later when I return and turn the car back on it resumes right where it left off.

Pandora behaves differently. If I turn off the stereo before turning off the car, it pauses as expected. However, if I just turn the car off while Pandora is playing, then Pandora does not pause. Once the car's speakers are no longer available, Pandora starts playing on the phone's speakers. This is a real pain if the phone is in my pocket, since I have to pull it out, unlock it, go to the app...

Is anyone aware of a setting in the Leaf's Bluetooth configuration or in the Pandora mobile app that would prevent this?

GeekEV said:
I believe the forthcoming iOS 5 will fix this..
I have an Android phone, so unless you are saying "the fix is buy an iPhone :) ", iOS 5 will not help me.

i have the same issue but its not consistent. sometimes it will pause, sometimes it will not and it does it on both the Prius and the Leaf.

now on the Prius, it sometimes will pause then start up later. i am almost thinking it only pauses until it gets out of the BT range but that cant be possible when the car is off

it kinda bothers me because there will be a lot of times where a song i really like will come on and i am about to stop so i will pause it now. now, this is not how its always been. it used to pause as soon as the car was turned off but i think the various software updates have taken that away.

Strange... My android/pandora works fine, pauses 100% of the time when I stop the car; I don't think I've turned off the stereo in months. Maybe it's specific to the handset? What are you using (mine's an HTC Evo - currently using Cyanogenmod 7, but I used the stock sprint gingerbread until last week).

defiancecp said:
What are you using (mine's an HTC Evo - currently using Cyanogenmod 7, but I used the stock sprint gingerbread until last week).
HTC Evo 3D

I opened a ticket with Pandora. They sent me a bunch of questions, then some more. Now they want me to run a logger app and then send them logs. It seems like they are working on it.

Pandora fails consistently and Slacker works consistently (but has other unrelated problems).

well i just got my Droid Bionic yesterday, so will be seeing how well Pandora works on it.

FYI; average bandwidth tests; downloads 6200-6700 Kbps. uploads; 3400-3800 Kbps...i can live with that

Hahaha! Not gonna touch the Android/iPhone debate.. I'm using an iPhone 3GS and once or twice the audio switched to the phone when the car powers down but I'd say 99% of the time it pauses fine (iPod not Pandora). Never did figure out what the cause was on those few times the phones's speaker switched on...

I've found that upgrading from a droid to a droid3 has improved the Bluetooth experience in the LEAF. Bluetooth audio displays more info. Pauses happen instantaneously instead of lagging behind. I think my issues were I had the old droid overloaded. The new phone handles the workload easily and provides more info to the car.

I now see a greyed out button named 'mode' It is never active, even when stationary. Wonder what it would do if I could press it?

What really sucks with the Bluetooth audio is the lack of a skip button. I have to reach for the phone to skip a track.

I have to agree that it appears the newer and droids are working much better. I've had my droid bionic just over a week so far and have had 0 issues with pandora

JPWhite said:
What really sucks with the Bluetooth audio is the lack of a skip button. I have to reach for the phone to skip a track.
With my setup, I can press "Source" down on the steering wheel to skip a track.

DaveinOlyWA said:
I have to agree that it appears the newer and droids are working much better. I've had my droid bionic just over a week so far and have had 0 issues with pandora

Bionic and Droid 3 both run Android Gingerbread. Wonder if the OS does a better job, or if it better chip-set in the hardware?

JP

patrick0101 said:
JPWhite said:
With my setup, I can press "Source" down on the steering wheel to skip a track.

Genius!! Works Famously. Thank you for pointing that out :)

JP

Nope.on my Droid xi started having issues with Pandora as soon as gingerbread was installed.
Now both the 3 and bionic have dual core processors and am guessing that might be helping

JPWhite said:
Genius!! Works Famously. Thank you for pointing that out :)
No prob. Glad it worked for you.

A new version of Pandora for Android came out recently. It has the same bug. The Pandora team asked me for log files of the failing case. I send them in. Hope this is fixed in the next release.

JPWhite said:
I've found that upgrading from a droid to a droid3 has improved the Bluetooth experience in the LEAF. Bluetooth audio displays more info. Pauses happen instantaneously instead of lagging behind. I think my issues were I had the old droid overloaded. The new phone handles the workload easily and provides more info to the car.

I now see a greyed out button named 'mode' It is never active, even when stationary. Wonder what it would do if I could press it?

What really sucks with the Bluetooth audio is the lack of a skip button. I have to reach for the phone to skip a track.[/

Do you guys with android see the name artist,song,record displayed on the car while using Pandora?

I get no information with my Sprint galaxy SII touch but, if I use the stock google music app, I get the information displayed on the radio. Any ideas or suggestions???

Thanks,

Ian B

Back