Blink error "HTTP status code 502 received"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilingbee

On the display screen on my Blink, I see a yellow/orange box with the following "

SYSTEM ERROR

EVSE could not process your request.

EVSE HTTP status code 502 received

Touch here to reload this screen.

"
When I touched there (or anywhere) nothing seemed to happen. The Blink user's manual does not mention this error. I did some searches on the error code and could not find anything Blink-related, although I did find out that HTTP status code 502 is related to an "upstream server error".

The error went away, and the system rebooted or started over (I don't know why). I had to re-enter the setup settings, including the wifi password. I've used the Blink 3 times now, and twice I've had to re-enter the setup settings.

I've gotten the 502 error code. I think once it eventually went away on its own, and I didn't have to recalibrate or type in the network info.

Other times, I power-cycled the machine and set it up again.

Often, even with the error code, the charger part still works, so you can charge your car with the error code on the screen.

Did you try contacting the folks at Blink?

Blink Network, NOC

P: (888) 998-BLINK(2546)

F: (248) 232-5425

[email protected]

SharonaLA said:
I've gotten the 502 error code. I think once it eventually went away on its own, and I didn't have to recalibrate or type in the network info.

Other times, I power-cycled the machine and set it up again.

Often, even with the error code, the charger part still works, so you can charge your car with the error code on the screen.

Did you try contacting the folks at Blink?

Blink Network, NOC

P: (888) 998-BLINK(2546)

F: (248) 232-5425

[email protected]

Yes. The person I talked to said it was a firmware problem that would be fixed in the update that is coming out Tuesday.

smilingbee said:
The error went away, and the system rebooted or started over (I don't know why). I had to re-enter the setup settings, including the wifi password. I've used the Blink 3 times now, and twice I've had to re-enter the setup settings.

I used to do the re-enter stuff too until a poster (I think it was Dave) said just let it go and it will reset on its own without you having to re-enter your info.

Back