Blink Dashboard Update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdhauser

Leaf Supporting Member
I'm using a PPC Mac (10.5.8), and Safari browser (5.0.6). After the last up date to the user interface (perhaps week of Oct 10?), I can't get data about charging activity. When I go to Dashboard => Chargers => Manage, there are two tabs available: location details, and usage stats. The location details tab doesn't load the map (just a light blue window). The usage stats tab has two windows: the top window uses icons for events and bars for activity. The bottom window is a table of "start end total energy" for each event. On my pc/browser, I can't figure out any use for the top window, although it does react to my mouse. I haven't figured out a way to change the time period shown in the bottom window. Anyone still using that data?

Wrote a comment to "Contact Us" without hearing back.

Since I had my SD card replaced a few weeks ago, and presumably some update to the Blink, there is very little data of use to me. The log of charging events cannot be updated to the present and the icons and graph is difficult to decipher.
I have no idea what info is transmitted to Ecotality, but I only see the immediate charge data on the internet site. Oh well I didn't pay for the unit.

The usage stats seem to be disabled. I see the same thing - using Windows with either IE or Firefox. When the stats did work, they still missed recording as many as half of my charge events. I've reported it to the Blink help line, but it's not a priority for them. They are still working on getting some of the units to work properly.

Since the purpose of the project is data collection, their results will be just as reliable as the EVSE...

I wrote the following to BLINK Support and received the following response:

Hello Blink Support,

My BLINK online account charging statistics don't look complete, accurate or up to date - Why?
I posted this question to the BLINK users forum and the BLINK Moderator suggested I contact Blink Support.

According to what I have read, I am benefiting from a FREE BLINK Home Charging Station in exchange for
allowing BLINK and other organizations (ie BAAQMD, my Utility) to collect data on my usage of the EVSE.
I too am very interested in finding out how much energy the charging of my EV requires. However, the BLINK
EVSE only displays the current month and the past month's charging statistics and the information that I can
access from my BLINK online account is difficult to decipher and does not look very complete or accurate.
Please Help !

Attached are snapshots of the BLINK display showing my usage statistics for September, October, and
November 2011 (up to today Nov 8).

As you can see from the BLINK display photos, my recent usage was as follows:

September 1 thru 30 2011: 16 charging events Total Energy used: 146.31 kWH
October 1 thru 31 2011: 12 charging events Total Energy used: 131.84 kWH
November 1 through 7 2011: 4 charging events Total Energy used: 48.62 kWH

But I don't see that information on the online statistics !?! As a matter or fact, I'm not sure how to read the chart.
The Table information seems a good format that shows individual charging events, however, the data does not go beyond
July 10, 2011 ?!? How can see my all my charging statistics ?

Response from BLINK Support

Marc,

We have further investigated this issue with our web development team since the inquiry came into our office through the Blink Share website and have been informed that this is a bug with the latest update of blinknetwork.com. Currently the website is only displaying your charge data from the oldest to newest and is limited to displaying only so many charge events. The next website update, which should take place either later this month or early next, will address the issue to allow customers to select a range for which charge data they would like to view along with the option to revert back to the old interface. Currently your Blink is successfully reporting charge data to us and we can view this data for recent charges. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to call or email anytime, we are open 24 hours 7 days a week for your convenience.

Best Regards,

Heather Kwasnik

Blink Network Contact Center

Back