Fair price for my 2013 Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinmotion

I’m not very savvy and looking for some selling advice.

I have a 2013 Nissan Leaf with 81,000 miles, a range of only 45 miles left at a full charge, and a sizeable crease in the driver side front panel from a low-speed backing out encounter with a light pole. Original battery, 10 bars, built 12/13.

I bought it from my (ex) brother-in-law for $4k 2 years ago; KelleyBB puts its value at average $3750 but without taking into account the driver’s side dent.

But I also see comparable cars listed in the area for $4,500-$5,500. They all have battery ranges listed as “100 miles” but I’m guessing that’s a default.

In this strange world of battery degradation and fair value, how much would you sell it for? I have a known entity offering me $3,500, no haggling or test driving or any of that pain. I feel pretty sure it’s worth at least that much, even with the dent and the degraded battery. I think I could get more if I put it online and wait, but with that limited range, I don’t want to screw anyone over, either.

What would you do?

Attachments

• IMG_3811.png
    IMG_3811.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 0
If it was my car, with body damage and a degraded battery, I would take the $3500 I could get immediately vs investing an unknown amount of time and effort to (maybe) get a couple hundred dollars more. Easy decision (for me).

Does the GOM actually show 45 miles? Or you are just being honest here, about "safe miles" you would attempt?

10 bars on a 24kwh battery ought to GOM out higher than 45. Those listings online are showing the GOM numbers. Not what the owner or dealer could get.

Your vehicle qualifies for the used EV incentive. $4000. Look into that. Its available only via a proper dealer, but there was some site trying to 'facilitate" private sales. So imagine, someone buys your Leaf for $6000, but there's a $4000 incentive. So they pay $2000. You get $6000. Everyone is happy (except for Uncle Sam taxpayer, of which I am in spades, but I am willing to participate).

Does the GOM actually show 45 miles? Or you are just being honest here, about "safe miles" you would attempt?

10 bars on a 24kwh battery ought to GOM out higher than 45. Those listings online are showing the GOM numbers. Not what the owner or dealer could get.

Your vehicle qualifies for the used EV incentive. $4000. Look into that. Its available only via a proper dealer, but there was some site trying to 'facilitate" private sales. So imagine, someone buys your Leaf for $6000, but there's a $4000 incentive. So they pay $2000. You get $6000. Everyone is happy (except for Uncle Sam taxpayer, of which I am in spades, but I am willing to participate).
The limit is 30% of the selling price, or a maximum of $4,000 if you meet the income limits.

Yes, there is a online dealership(s) that will process the tax credit for a price. KeySavvy is one of them. Never used them so I don't know anything about them outside of their web site.

Last edited:
Back