Please use this topic to discuss the Tire Registration function in the Leaf Battery App.
The Tire Registration function is currently in beta test.
Since the Battery App displays the four tire pressures it is important that the tires' positions on the car be correctly registered so a low pressure tire can be correctly located without needing an external guage.
Each time the tires are rotated their position changes and a registration should be performed. This has required a visit to the dealer and so is not normally done. Also the Leaf does not display the actual tire having the low pressure so position was not important. The Battery App has changed all that and so it makes sense that the app include a function to correctly register the tires.
Three things are required to perform a tire registration.
1. Source of air
2. Skill of adding/releasing air from the tires
3. Pressure guage
The steps are:
1. Adjust each tire pressure as follows (position relative to sitting in the car).
* Front Left 35 PSI
* Front Right 32 PSI
* Rear Right 29 PSI
* Rear Left 26 PSI
2. Start App and go to Setting/Debug panel and check the "Service" checkbox. Exit Settings menu and Service panel will be displayed.
3. Drive Leaf unit PSI values are updated. If the order is highest to lowest PSI then the tires are correctly registered skip to step 6.
4. If the pressures are not in high to low order then press the "Start Tire Reg" button. Confirm that pressures have been adjusted to the four required values. Confirm that you are ready to drive at or above 25 MPH for 3 or more minutes. Start driving.
5. In about 3 minutes the button should change from Yellow back to Green. During this time the dash tire pressure icon will be blinking. When registration is complete it will go away but after a few minutes will come back because the rear left tire has low pressure.
6. Adjust all tires back to spec (36 PSI) or whatever value you use.
Post here your results and which model year you have.