BooKittyLeaf
Delivery Date: 22 Jan 2015
Leaf Number: 000000

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:05 am

Still having problems getting the Range to match the dash Range in the car.

I have tried different Range setting (LBW, VLBW, SOC or kWh reserved numbers as you suggested, but the Range miles stays the same.

I also tried changing the Wh/Gid to 80 and the kWh went up a bit, but Range stayed the same. I set it back to 77.5 default

Currently I have it set to 5.8 Miles/kWh so it will match the Dash. My actual Miles/kWh is around 4.3 from driving.

Maybe it just doesn't match up? Thats OK, just curious if Im not setting something up correctly.

Thanks
2015 SV, LED & QC, Black / Black. Mfg Date 08,22,14

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:01 pm

BooKittyLeaf wrote:Still having problems getting the Range to match the dash Range in the car.

I have tried different Range setting (LBW, VLBW, SOC or kWh reserved numbers as you suggested, but the Range miles stays the same.

I also tried changing the Wh/Gid to 80 and the kWh went up a bit, but Range stayed the same. I set it back to 77.5 default

Currently I have it set to 5.8 Miles/kWh so it will match the Dash. My actual Miles/kWh is around 4.3 from driving.

Maybe it just doesn't match up? Thats OK, just curious if Im not setting something up correctly.

Thanks
That is very strange. Please send me screenshots of LBW, VLBW and reserved setting which show the same range estimate for each.

neilk
Delivery Date: 11 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 003837

Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:14 am

Newcomer alert:

I am missing something somewhere: I cannot find how to get the software onto my I-phone. The only 'stockists' I can find of LEAFSPY seem to be Android orientated, so whilst I appreciate I can get the software to run on an I-phone according to the posts, I cannot actually get that far.

Google App Store won't run on the I-Phone, so I don't seem to be able to download it. Google Apps on the PC won't download any of the LEAFSPY Lite, Pro or Turbo because it says I haven't got a paired device and I cannot find the app in I-Tunes......

Clearly I am missing a step, so glad of a steer to a solution or a more appropriate thread.

I have got the OBDII adaptor burning a hole in my pocket and a leaf sitting on the drive ready to go. Any help to jump the gap would be really welcome. :-)

Thanks,

Neil

evken
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2013
Leaf Number: 008233

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:42 am

The software for the iphone is called leafstat and uses only wifi

TimLee
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026

Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:20 am

neilk wrote:Newcomer alert:

I am missing something somewhere: I cannot find how to get the software onto my I-phone. ......

Clearly I am missing a step, so glad of a steer to a solution or a more appropriate thread.

I have got the OBDII adaptor burning a hole in my pocket and a leaf sitting on the drive ready to go. Any help to jump the gap would be really welcome. :-)
The app is still in testing and is not in iTunes yet to the best of my knowledge.
See the development thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 90#p414642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you want to be added to the test group PM Turbo3 the developer.

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

TimLee
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026

Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:23 am

evken wrote:The software for the iphone is called leafstat and uses only wifi
Leafstat is an entirely different program with much more limited capabilities than LEAF Spy Pro.

Both Leafstat and LEAF Spy Pro use only WiFi adapters.

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

Turbo3
Gold Member

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:50 am

neilk wrote:Newcomer alert:

I am missing something somewhere: I cannot find how to get the software onto my I-phone. The only 'stockists' I can find of LEAFSPY seem to be Android orientated, so whilst I appreciate I can get the software to run on an I-phone according to the posts, I cannot actually get that far.

Google App Store won't run on the I-Phone, so I don't seem to be able to download it. Google Apps on the PC won't download any of the LEAFSPY Lite, Pro or Turbo because it says I haven't got a paired device and I cannot find the app in I-Tunes......

Thanks,

Neil
Neil, I have updated the first post with the email address you need to use to request being added to the beta testers' group.

The iOS version of LeafSpy Pro is currently waiting for Apple to approve it before it will show up on the iTunes App Store.

adspguy
Delivery Date: 23 Apr 2012
Leaf Number: 018978

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:33 am

Just a thought, it seems that LeafSpy works in portrait and landscape modes very well, rotating properly. Would it be possible to have it work upside down portrait as well? If the iphone is plugged into a cable, which comes out the bottom, it is nice to be able to have the phone upside down and tucked into a cup holder or whatnot, leaving the phone upside down.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:18 am

adspguy wrote:Just a thought, it seems that LeafSpy works in portrait and landscape modes very well, rotating properly. Would it be possible to have it work upside down portrait as well? If the iphone is plugged into a cable, which comes out the bottom, it is nice to be able to have the phone upside down and tucked into a cup holder or whatnot, leaving the phone upside down.
The app should work in Portrait Upside Down orientation and does on an iPad. But on an iTouch and iPhone it does not but should.

I have reported this bug to the developer of B4i so hopefully he will provide a fix for his compiler to support this orientation.

If I recompile with just Portrait Upside Down as the only valid orientation the app crashes on an iPhone which points to the compiler. But runs OK on an iPad.

===================================
Erel has just fixed the bug in the Core library for B4i and now Portrait Upside Down mode works in LeafSpy Pro running on an iPhone or iTouch.

Once Apple releases the 1.0.10 version to iTunes I will then be able to release version 1.1.x to the testers' group that includes this fix as well as all the other improvements.

miscrms

Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:30 pm

Is the functionality of the iOS and android versions pretty much equivalent at this point? I've got a salvage Leaf arriving in a week or so, hoping to be able to assess the battery condition and reset DTCs if needed. I can pick up an android something or other if I have to, but very happy to see there is an iOS version now!

Thanks,
Rob

Return to “LEAF CANBus”