New to me Leaf in Scotland

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregsGarage

Hello from the Scottish Borders. I've just got my first Leaf, it's my 4th EV, the first 3 were conversions that I built, the first one being a Volvo 440 in 2006. I am interested in battery extender options and hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Cheers, Greg

Welcome,
Besides battery extenders, if you use the heat quite a bit in the winter some have also had good luck with installing a small diesel heater in the boot area. I was seriously looking into one but then just decided to drive our Prius if I need more range.

GregsGarage said:
Hello from the Scottish Borders. I've just got my first Leaf, it's my 4th EV, the first 3 were conversions that I built, the first one being a Volvo 440 in 2006. I am interested in battery extender options and hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Cheers, Greg
Having lived in the Borders Greg, the amount of heat you will need in the winter compared to some of the really cold places Leafs are driven is not going to be huge- and the distances are not huge either. you might be fine with heated seats and wheel and occasional heat as needed. There are good seat heat kits if your car does not have them....

A diesel heater sounds a bit extreme, but I will need to install heated seats in mine. I thought the Acenta spec came with heated front seats as standard, but apparently not. I am thinking of fitting the genuine switches and bringing the wiring out under the seat to plug in a heated seat cover/mat during the winter.

alozzy said:
This company, in Edinburgh, looks promising...

https://www.electrongarage.co.uk/battery-upgrade/

I'll have to check them out when we are allowed out in Scotland. I have my own garage and want to branch out into EV upgrades as well.

Greg

Back