Registration Process

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

1. Time is of the essence. A lot of people will be trying to register as soon as they open it up. Nissan will send you an email with a link. If you delay for half an hour you may lose a month or more in delivery.
  2. If you ever use cookie restrictions in your web browser, go through them ahead of time and get rid of any that have nissan anywhere in the name. I had an obscure one left (don't remember what it was now) and it caused them to route me to the interest list signup instead. I had to switch browsers to be able to make a reservation.
  3. This has probably been fixed by now, but on the first go-around anybody who tried to use American Express got screwed.

Back on 2010-04-20 I tried to register within 5 minutes of getting the email but got caught by points 2 and 3 above. I submitted my RAQ within an hour of getting the order email on 2010-09-01, but my dealer didn't respond for 24 hours. People have now been getting their cars for more than three months, and I'm still waiting.

Ray

I live in Mississippi. I registered with Nissan last August 2010 and paid my $99.00 fee at that time. My question is just when should I expect to be moved forward in the other steps remaining to be done. When I go to the Leaf Account Login and log in, I am still waiting to do a home assessment. That option says once I have registered for a Nissan Leaf I can schedule the home assessment, but there is not any button to click or whatever to get the process started. So, what gives? Am I just stuck, because I am considering backing out of the deal and requesting a refund. Ford Focus Electric is starting to look better every day.

NRiley said:
I live in Mississippi. I registered with Nissan last August 2010 and paid my $99.00 fee at that time. My question is just when should I expect to be moved forward in the other steps remaining to be done. When I go to the Leaf Account Login and log in, I am still waiting to do a home assessment. That option says once I have registered for a Nissan Leaf I can schedule the home assessment, but there is not any button to click or whatever to get the process started. So, what gives? Am I just stuck, because I am considering backing out of the deal and requesting a refund. Ford Focus Electric is starting to look better every day.
The home assessment is part of the EVProject. You don't currently qualify. If you do, you will be contacted about a month before you are eligible to place an order.
http://www.theevproject.com/

No, the term "home assessment" also applies to the $100 AeroVironment assessment. A number of people here (myself included) would advise you to bypass that by calling Nissan CS (1-877-664-2738) and asking for a waiver.

Ray

Back