Charging stations at Google

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted member 3147

Hi all.

My Leaf is scheduled for delivery in September. Meanwhile, a question:

I work in Mountain View, CA. My company is not part of Google but is located in close proximity to a lot of Google buildings. As you probably know, Google has installed a lot of charging stations, but AFAIK, they are available to Google employees and vehicles only.

Any Googlers here who know the whole story? Anyone I could talk with to maybe get some access to the stations?

Thanks

At first it looked like a public opportunity with an excess of J1772 charge spots installed there.
But then, the G-fleet took off, and now those spots are full up with employee loaner Leafs, Volts, iMievs, etc.

Along with this they changed to private Chargepoints restricted to Google cards only. So don't stop there hoping for a charge unless you have an arrangement with Google.

I don't think Google intends to offer these as a public service. They are for "internal use only".

I noticed that the Google chargepoints come in three flavors: G-fleet, Google employees only, and ADA:

GOOGLE / MTV-GWC2-08-ADA
Address: 1501 Salado Dr, Mountain View, California 94043, United States
Description: ADA Access Only
Status as of: 2011-07-19 15:47:40 (PDT)
Port 1: 208/240V, 30A, J1772:Available
Access: Restricted

Who are the ADA Access Only stations for? Anyone with a DMV Disabled Parking Placard, or just Google disabled employees?

Back