Charging Without Timer.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o00scorpion00o

Is there any way I can have the car plugged in, with no timer set and not have the car charge ?

When I'm not at work and don't need to charge I just want to plug in to be able to pre heat off the mains.

Also, does anyone know if I can change the Km/100 Kms to Mi/Kwh ?

I average 18 Km/100 Kms, I haven't reset this in about 4 weeks and while I get that, it would be easier to know the Mi/Kwh.

Thanks.

AFAIK the only way to be able to do this is when the battery is already charged to 100% (or 80% if your model allows and you enabled it), or if it is in timer mode and it is outside the time frame of that timer setting.

There is a workaround I can think of and that is to set the timer for the smallest possible time frame, and then tap the charge Timer Override button every single time you want to charge (or initiate charging via CarWings if your car supports it). Note that on 2011/2012 cars (not sure about 2013 models) you will automatically get 100% charge when you use Timer Override.

As far as changing to miles/kWH from km/100 kWH you should be able to do that via the settings menu but I suspect you'll also change your speedometer and odometer to English units as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Huhushop-TM-Fashion-Wireless-Control/dp/B00D3VDYZG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1426643521&sr=8-7&keywords=gsm+socket" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i use the european standart
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0054FYJUS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so i dont need the most of the time not working CARWINGS system,and can always charge to 100%

You don't want to leave the car plugged in but not charging for long periods, as that will drain the 12 volt battery. I use a battery maintainer so I can not worry about it being plugged in.

RonDa [quote="RonDawg said:
There is a workaround I can think of and that is to set the timer for the smallest possible time frame, and then tap the charge Timer Override button every single time you want to charge (or initiate charging via CarWings if your car supports it). Note that on 2011/2012 cars (not sure about 2013 models) you will automatically get 100% charge when you use Timer Override.

Thanks I'll try setting the timer to the smallest time.

On my 2015, you can set 80% in the timer but also there is the "long life" setting where it won't go above this no matter what.

RonDawg said:
As far as changing to miles/kWH from km/100 kWH you should be able to do that via the settings menu but I suspect you'll also change your speedometer and odometer to English units as well.

I tried but can;t find this option so I expect it doesn't exist.

I wish they allow people to choose, though I guess most people wouldn't care.

LeftieBiker said:
You don't want to leave the car plugged in but not charging for long periods, as that will drain the 12 volt battery. I use a battery maintainer so I can not worry about it being plugged in.

I thought they fixed the 12v battery discharging on the newer models ?

I wouldn't be leaving it plugged in without charging for more than a day or two, three at the most.

o00scorpion00o said:
LeftieBiker said:

I thought they fixed the 12v battery discharging on the newer models ?

I wouldn't be leaving it plugged in without charging for more than a day or two, three at the most.

Two days is too long,,and we have seen nothing to indicate that they have fixed the issue. They do seem to come with better quality 12 volt batteries than the 2013 model year, but that's it.

o00scorpion00o said:
RonDawg said:

Thanks I'll try setting the timer to the smallest time.

On my 2015, you can set 80% in the timer but also there is the "long life" setting where it won't go above this no matter what.

Starting for model year 2014, Nissan eliminated that feature for US and Canadian market cars. :(

RonDawg said:

I tried but can;t find this option so I expect it doesn't exist.

Have you tried changing the speedometer settings to MPH to see if that also changes the other displays? Here in North America, on cars with electronic speedometers, if you change the speedometer setting between English and metric, functions like fuel economy and temperature (both interior and exterior) switch as well.

Your car should be identical to ones sold in the UK except in regards to where the English/metric settings were left.

RonDawg said:
]As far as changing to miles/kWH from km/100 kWH you should be able to do that via the settings menu but I suspect you'll also change your speedometer and odometer to English units as well.

Have you tried changing the speedometer settings to MPH to see if that also changes the other displays? Here in North America, on cars with electronic speedometers, if you change the speedometer setting between English and metric, functions like fuel economy and temperature (both interior and exterior) switch as well.

Your car should be identical to ones sold in the UK except in regards to where the English/metric settings were left.[/quote]

Found this menu in the settings .

20150318_133941.jpg

But it doesn't change the speedo settings, it's still Kms and Kwh/100 Kms

In this menu below there are no settings for km/mi

20150318_133955.jpg

From this menu I can only conclude that I'm somewhere between 3-3.5 Mi/Kwh. Pity there is no Kwh/100 Km to Mi/Kwh.

20150318_134624.jpg

You can even change then temp from C to F.

Back