LEAF advisory group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palmermd said:
Something is not right here....

After passengers left the plane through the jetbridge, at about 10:30 a.m., airline mechanics reported smoke. Massport firefighters were there within three minutes, he said.
The fire was extinguished within an hour, officials said. Donahue said firefighters used the halotron fire extinguishing agent. No injuries were reported.

An hour to put out the fire?

Within an hour... so not quite an hour, but something longer than 30 mins probably.

ztanos said:
palmermd said:
Something is not right here....

After passengers left the plane through the jetbridge, at about 10:30 a.m., airline mechanics reported smoke. Massport firefighters were there within three minutes, he said.
The fire was extinguished within an hour, officials said. Donahue said firefighters used the halotron fire extinguishing agent. No injuries were reported.

An hour to put out the fire?

Within an hour... so not quite an hour, but something longer than 30 mins probably.
Is the Leaf Advisory group now advising firemen, or is this thread getting a bit off topic. Just curious. ;)

Not sure why you guys whine so much about the 100 mile thing.. our own LEAFfan has driven it 151 miles in Phoenix and that is with a degraded battery!. I'm sure every adult in the USA knows what YMMV means.

Herm said:
Not sure why you guys whine so much about the 100 mile thing.. our own LEAFfan has driven it 151 miles in Phoenix and that is with a degraded battery!. I'm sure every adult in the USA knows what YMMV means.
Sure, but he's the all-time record holder that we know of, right? Edmunds took it to 132.0 miles (http://www.edmunds.com/about/press/edmunds-insidelinecom-discovers-nissan-leafs-optimal-driving-range-and-reports-on-dying-battery-experience.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but seriously, to tell people who have NO experience with EVs (and likely none w/hypermiling) "100 miles" "average" or "on average" (and w/o knowing how much highway driving the person will do and at what speeds) is nuts, IMHO and setting people up for disappointment.

I don't see your handle on the 100 mile list at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

The EPA rating of 73 miles for the '11-'12 is a safer number, but still may set some people up for disappointment if they do highway driving, in winter w/the heater. etc. And, one can get plenty of anxiety once you're near or at LBW... Not everyone wants to take their car to VLBW or turtle.

I'd start a poll about whether it's right for Nissan reps at auto shows to say "100 miles" "average"/"on average" or some other figure when asked about range but I can't seem to start a poll. :(

OK, have shots, passport, packing list, and since I have gone over the packing list 3 times, I figure to only forget less than a half dozen things.

The excitement builds; one for the trip (missed the Dreamliner chance! :cry: ) one for the destination; Japan, but also for the knowledge. As most of us have, I have rationalized Nissan's actions for most of the past nearly 3 years. Why did they do this or that? now, how many of those questions will be answered or even addressed? dk, but I am sure we will come back with more than enough info to keep this board busy for a while.

In the EV world it seems like we are perpetually on the brink of something wonderful that eventually kinda seeps out. The pace of change has been painfully slow and its due partially to the day to day speculation here and elsewhere along with somewhat overactive imaginations we have (me mostly!) verses the seasonal-like speed of change in the corporate world.

But once again; I am filled with anticipation of the 2013 changes and the announcement of significant charging infrastructure Nissan plans to install at its dealerships. Rumors abound that it will be nationwide, while other articles "seem" to imply that it would be California only (which would be a HUGE mistake)

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2013/01/happy-birthday-leaf-going-to-yokohama.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Because the average person driving in an average way will get about half that, and THAT is what matters. Under promise and over deliver...

Herm said:

DaveinOlyWA said:
OK, have shots, passport, packing list, and since I have gone over the packing list 3 times, I figure to only forget less than a half dozen things.

Dave, I am sure Nissan will take good care of your logistics and trip arrangements. When we went to Japan in Dec. 2012 for the LEAF owners tour, they provided us with a guide to show us the sights in Tokyo, English translators, and a warm coat, among other things. What great hosts they were!

Hopefully the advisory group will be able to provide some useful input to Nissan, and learn something about the company, as well as having an enjoyable experience.

Best wishes to the advisory group.

linkim said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Dave, I am sure Nissan will take good care of your logistics and trip arrangements. When we went to Japan in Dec. 2012 for the LEAF owners tour, they provided us with a guide to show us the sights in Tokyo, English translators, and a warm coat, among other things. What great hosts they were!

Hopefully the advisory group will be able to provide some useful input to Nissan, and learn something about the company, as well as having an enjoyable experience.

Best wishes to the advisory group.

glad to hear that Kim! I am very much looking forward to this!

DaveinOlyWA said:
But once again; I am filled with anticipation of the 2013 changes and the announcement of significant charging infrastructure Nissan plans to install at its dealerships. Rumors abound that it will be nationwide, while other articles "seem" to imply that it would be California only (which would be a HUGE mistake)

I agree that limiting QC deployment to California is a mistake. I've read several articles and came away with the impression they will target regions where LEAF's are selling reasonably well. Probably the Tier 1 states that already have an L2 infrastructure.

If you can get some clarity on your trip that will be great!!

Good luck BTW.

DaveinOlyWA said:

This is bound to be an extraordinary trip. Have a great time, TAKE LOTS OF NOTES, and then post your brains out once you get back. Thanks to all of you in the advisory group for having our backs on this one. :)

advboardmnl

Yes, safe travels. Please share whatever and whenever you can. It's great to see that this is actually happening!

Our first full day is done. And when I say full, I mean full. My day started at 0600, and is just now ending at 2200. The access and open discussion has been non-stop... And our Nissan hosts have been fantastic. Tomorrow promises to be even more exciting. Must sleep now!

Are they scheduling any "break time" for posting impressions, photos, etc. ?? They did schedule time for same at last month's global owners event.

gascant said:
Are they scheduling any "break time" for posting impressions, photos, etc. ?? They did schedule time for same at last month's global owners event.

At the LEAF owners tours last month in Japan, we had access to a "mobile hot spot", which was handy for use with FB and Twitter to provide quick postings. This was particularly handy during the bus rides on some of the congested roads as we traveled to different places.

I wonder if the advisory board members have access to a mobile hot spot?

linkim said:
I wonder if the advisory board members have access to a mobile hot spot?
Kim, yes, I believe so. Perhaps they are just too busy to check in, which could be a good thing?

Other than the hotel, we have not been afforded any wi fi. But we are able to post at will pretty much. I got verizon data roamijg $20/100 mb so not too bad. Its slow but posted about 20 pix on FB yesterday. And yesterday was non stop from 8 am till nearly 10 but today promises to be the most exciting but also the part we will be least able to talk about but just the opportunity to be part of all this has been truly wonderful

Back