LEAF advisory group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KJD said:
Does the LEAF Advisory group have any comments about the new EV Sales and Marketing director ?

http://insideevs.com/nissan-shuffles-ev-sales-leadership-in-america/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other than being introduced by email a few days ago, I've not yet met Toby Perry. Certainly looking forward to seeing what perspective he brings to the role though...

I meet Erik at the Phoenix get-together and we had some great aside discussions... A real nice guy! But what does the new position actually mean and what does it entail?

KJD said:
Does the LEAF Advisory group have any comments about the new EV Sales and Marketing director ?
Erik Gottfried has be relocated as Nissan’s new “Director of Customer Quality and Dealer Network Development,”

I too met Erik at the Phoenix meeting and have since met with him at my 100,000 mile celebration. I hope that his new position allows him to continue providing input in the LEAF program.

Will Nissan be making any official announcements regarding the purported improved 2014 batteries? It seemed that these were going to be used for the 2014's, but maybe not from the start, and not for all cars... That vagueness of course is kind of a problem for potential buyers. What will we know, and when will we know it?

Nubo said:
Will Nissan be making any official announcements regarding the purported improved 2014 batteries? It seemed that these were going to be used for the 2014's, but maybe not from the start, and not for all cars... That vagueness of course is kind of a problem for potential buyers. What will we know, and when will we know it?
I think it's far more important that the advisory group stress to Nissan that they have to provide an 80% as well as 70% capacity warranty with the 'new' battery, or no one who knows anything about their past history will believe any claims they make re the battery. As I've said elsewhere, I think an 80% warranty needs to be for at least 3 years/36k miles, but 3 years/45k miles (if not the original 5 years/60k miles they were claiming in 2010) would at least cover the people with 15k/year leases for the length of a lease. If they don't provide such a warranty, they'll just be making more unsubstantiated claims with no skin in the game.

Nubo said:

I've not heard anything specific since the announcements made at and around the last Phoenix dinner that TomT and TaylorSFGuy referred to, at which Andy Palmer and Billy Hayes from Nissan expected the hot wx batteries to be ready ~mid 2014, and that they'd initially be used for replacements under the capacity warranty. A few tangential comments since about testing still proceeding (and seeming on track), but no new info re deployment in new cars. But yes, I'd expect Nissan to say more as they get closer.

Back