JDM Part # F2809-3NC0A Illuminated Nissan Logo Install Tips

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ElTinto said:
Hi there, I am looking at your web-site to find the backlit logo, but no luck... do you still have any for sale? I would also be intersted in the door sills with lights... they look cool!

Regards

Anders

I sold the last one.. but you can find it at JapanParts.com See link .
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=5&car=171&middle=2&small=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also Beware.. After Driving it in California where the Blue under glow is legal as its less than .5 lux MY wife was stopped and Harassed by a OSP (Oregon State Police) He railed on here for about 30 mins as to how she was breaking the law with the Blue under glow that cannot be seen!!.. So I suggest you add a Toggle Switch or be very much aware that in Oregon these Jackbooted thugs here will stop you and ticket you because they are bored and have nothing better to do.

Hey guys!

Does anyone know if this kit works with the 2014 Leaf with the 360 camera accessory?

The front camera is actually hidden under the Nissan logo on the front... I can't tell if it changes it to the point that the kit is no longer compatible.

Thanks!

Duncan said:
Lost those settings again last weekend...because I disconnected the battery to install this!

from the original grey plastic:
led_front_before.jpg

to stainless, shiny, LED coolness
led_front.jpg

this was the kit, typical Nissan great quality and everything included (except English instructions, but hey I bought it in Japan!)
led_kit.jpg

2 connections required at the a pillar, plus running the cables
led_connectors.jpg

In a lot of ways this was a better mod than the front logo (I've almost never seen it, so I forget how cool it is). Whereas with these I remember every time I open the door, they are impossible to miss with LEDs

Hi, where have you bought this kit? I can't find it. It looks very nice!

DeividasLeaf said:
Duncan said:
Lost those settings again last weekend...because I disconnected the battery to install this!

from the original grey plastic:
led_front_before.jpg

to stainless, shiny, LED coolness
led_front.jpg

this was the kit, typical Nissan great quality and everything included (except English instructions, but hey I bought it in Japan!)
led_kit.jpg

2 connections required at the a pillar, plus running the cables
led_connectors.jpg

In a lot of ways this was a better mod than the front logo (I've almost never seen it, so I forget how cool it is). Whereas with these I remember every time I open the door, they are impossible to miss with LEDs

Hi, where have you bought this kit? I can't find it. It looks very nice!

Sorry for the slight delay in responding; I ordered it from Nissan Japan via Jesse Steeter http://jessestreeter.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Part number G6950-3NK0A. You also need 4 clips to hold them down 76988-JM00A

Do they make this for the 2014 Leaf? If so where can I purchase? I am interested in the front emblem as well as these luminated kick panel pieces.

Thew,

I guess you have no more?

This place sells it for $45

http://www.dhgate.com/product/color-changing-auto-led-emblem-light-for/171602389.html/?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=motofairing&utm_term=171602389&f=bm%7c171602389%7c112004-AutoParts%7cGMC%7cAdwords%7cpla%7cmotofairing%7cUS%7c112004013-LightingSystem%7cc%7c%7c0LRF%7c&gclid=CIbk5IyGw8ICFcdj7AodHFkAtQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I think it is meant for the back emblem and that's why their instructions tell you to wire it up with the brake lights. But I just won't do that, I wonder if it will be blue all the time.

Unless you still have some?

Thanks,

Lasareath

thew said:
ElTinto said:
Hi there, I am looking at your web-site to find the backlit logo, but no luck... do you still have any for sale? I would also be intersted in the door sills with lights... they look cool!

Regards

Anders

I sold the last one.. but you can find it at JapanParts.com See link .
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=5&car=171&middle=2&small=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also Beware.. After Driving it in California where the Blue under glow is legal as its less than .5 lux MY wife was stopped and Harassed by a OSP (Oregon State Police) He railed on here for about 30 mins as to how she was breaking the law with the Blue under glow that cannot be seen!!.. So I suggest you add a Toggle Switch or be very much aware that in Oregon these Jackbooted thugs here will stop you and ticket you because they are bored and have nothing better to do.

This one is only $10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261690756428?lpid=82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: But too small for the LEAF :( This one is: 9.4 x 8 CM The LEAF Front Emblem is 12.7cm by 14.6cm (or 5" by 5.75")

I have a friend who has a Laser Cutter that can cut Lexan, Maybe I'll have him make me some. then I just need some really strong 3M double sided adhesive and I guess 3 blue LEDs.

I'm Also getting any day now a 3D printer. I guess I could print them up in clear plastic?

I just bought a New Blue Nissan LEAF front emblem because I am going to enter its dimensions into AutoCAD and draw up the new clear base.

A good friend owns a Laser Cutter that he can send instructions from an AutoCAD drawing file and create the base for me.

Then I just need Blue LEDs and double sided 3M tape and I'll be set.

Maybe if it's not too much trouble I'll make a couple dozen.

Sal

NIssan_LEAF_Emblem.jpg

Lasareath said:
I just bought a New Blue Nissan LEAF front emblem because I am going to enter its dimensions into AutoCAD and draw up the new clear base.

A good friend owns a Laser Cutter that he can send instructions from an AutoCAD drawing file and create the base for me.

Sal

I just got my 2011 SL This Month, newly off lease for $10.5k I'm interested in this mod, but sadly $200 is too much for OEM parts, I'd rather DIY. I'd be interested Sal if there was a 3D print of the clear base it would sit on. I'd probably use leds the way this install did: http://forums.nicoclub.com/led-nissan-emblem-write-up-t421610.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has anyone found a place where this kit can still be found?

I haven't found exactly the correct base to fit the LEAFs emblem and so I will most likely have one cut from a piece of lexan. I have a client that has a Laser Etcher machine and one day when I find some free time I'll get some printed up.

DeanRendar said:
Lasareath said:

Sal

I just got my 2011 SL This Month, newly off lease for $10.5k I'm interested in this mod, but sadly $200 is too much for OEM parts, I'd rather DIY. I'd be interested Sal if there was a 3D print of the clear base it would sit on. I'd probably use leds the way this install did: http://forums.nicoclub.com/led-nissan-emblem-write-up-t421610.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has anyone found a place where this kit can still be found?

Any developments with the illuminated logo? I found a 5" blue led angel eye on DX.com, all the logo needs is the acrylic ring (or two) couple mm larger and smaller than the led, it seems.

I am sorry, maybe my old age is getting to me. Somehow, I refuse to take apart and cut or drill into a perfectly good part of a car just to add a vanity item. Ill pass, I'll just look at yours.....

Eye wateringly expensive but super cool. I want one!

If there was an enterprising soul that could cut Lexan for underneath the stock logo I'd happily wire up my own LEDs just to say I did it. I don't know if it's legal in Washington, I'll have to check.

....and bummer, totally illegal in Washington State. That solves that.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=204-21-230

oh but it still looks so cool, all these years later.

we had been pulled up once for a random breath test and were told the light was illegal and to remove it. no issues other than that

Back