Most bars lost?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vasmi said:
I bought a new 2016 30kw when they came out and I have 13,203 miles and just lost 3rd bar, yes you read right 3rd bar.

With or without the firmware update?

https://flipthefleet.org/2018/30-kwh-nissan-leaf-firmware-update-to-correct-capacity-reporting/

electromotive said:
Currently, on Craigslist, there is an '11 LEAF with only 4 capacity bars remaining.
SF Bay Area.
Silver.
63,500 miles.
Can you say "parts car"?

...or find a wrecked leaf in a Junkyard with a new battery and swap it, if the rest is in good condition.

I've been enjoying my 3-bar 2012 LEAF for 6 months now and I can go pretty much anywhere in town, although sometimes I plan on stopping for some charge. I routinely go 30+ miles per charge and twice I've made it 50 miles. I don't feel like regen helps me much at all until remaining battery gets pretty low, and I do wish there was a way to adjust that! According to LeafSpy my SOH is 32% and 90% charged for me is 6.8 kWh. I've been looking for others with similar degradation to hear of tips for dealing with it. For the record, I can afford to buy a new battery but would rather save that money for the next EV. Plus, I'm having a lot of fun making do with it, and didn't spend much for the car!

Back