Thanks

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
Good choice. Details on car and what did you pay?

I got it used from a Chevy dealership that had no idea what they were selling. The VIN does not differentiate between regular dual motor and performance dual motor on the 2018's, nor does it tell you if the car has "full self driving" or not. I don't really like talking about my finances on forums but I am confident that I could flip the car today for $7k - $10k more than I paid. :D

LeftieBiker said:
Hopefully you won't wake up one day soon and discover that Tesla has taken the AP back...

https://electrek.co/2020/02/07/tesla-takes-away-autopilot-used-car-sold-dealer/

They would get a hell of an earful from me if they tried to pull that BS. It is one thing if they buy the car back and resell it themselves without upgrades but it is entirely another to remove it after the fact when a person paid a price on the used car based on that feature being included. I can't imagine that'll stick, it is a PR nightmare and a lawsuit waiting to happen from every owner that ever purchased an upgrade from them.

I don't think this is applicable to my situation anyway. The dealer I purchased from took the car as a trade from a private seller, it never went back to Tesla at any point since the initial sale. The situation you are talking about sounds like Tesla meant to remove Autopilot and FSD when they sold the car at auction but didn't actually take the features away.

Don't worry: it only seems to apply to cars that Tesla upgraded without charging anyone money, to make them appeal to dealers. If anyone paid Tesla for the upgrade, they won't snatch it back without warning.

;)

Back