LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: Chevrolet Bolt

Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:35 pm

For me, the Surround Vision was a MUST. I LOVE Around View Monitor on my Leaf. Have been enjoying it since end of July 2013. It also helps me prevent getting curb rash on my wheels. I've had a car w/a backup camera only since Jan 06 (my former 06 Prius) but AVM is WAY better. I would have huge regrets of buying a car that can have it but passing on that option.
Agreed. Along with the heated steering wheel, these are the must-have features for any car I drive a lot. I could probably tolerate a worse stereo, but I'd notice it.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:05 pm

I too had thought I noticed great prices at my closest dealer but didn't look at in more detail. Now they have none.

Part of it could be the dealers need to entice shoppers as anyone paying attention has heard the 2021 Bolt is getting an interior refresh, with the rumor suggesting that includes the seats. The Bolt EUC (?) is also suppose to be out in the next year as well? I certainly would wait to see what those bring.
Last edited by danrjones on Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

LeftieBiker

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Part of it could be the dealers need to entice shoppers as anyone paying attention has heard the 2012 Bolt is getting an interior refresh, with the rumor suggesting that includes the seats.
2021?
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 am

cwerdna wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:30 pm
GetOffYourGas wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:15 pm
cwerdna wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:00 am
If you want the better stereo (part of the infotainment package) or Surround Vision (4 camera system), you need to go to the Premier trim...
Interesting that these are the things you single out. Also only available on Premier trim is rear heated seats and integrated roof rails. The two reasons that I upgraded to Premier over LT. Everyone has their own priorities...
Indeed. I couldn't care less about the roof rails. If the rear heated seats were gone, oh well. It's not common I have any rear passengers.

For me, the Surround Vision was a MUST. I LOVE Around View Monitor on my Leaf. Have been enjoying it since end of July 2013. It also helps me prevent getting curb rash on my wheels. I've had a car w/a backup camera only since Jan 06 (my former 06 Prius) but AVM is WAY better. I would have huge regrets of buying a car that can have it but passing on that option.

As for better stereo... I never heard the base stereo but I've heard many reports that it sucks. The Bose stereo as part of the infotainment package is decent for a factory stereo and is roughly comparable w/the Bose stereo in my Leaf. A decent stereo is pretty important to me. I've had lousy stereos before (on a Dodge, a Toyota and on my former 350Z (not quite as lousy as the other two)).

Unfortunately (?), IIRC (from Edmunds?), back when I got my Bolt, Bolt Premiers if they came with DC FC tended to also come with infotainment package and driver confidence II. It was rare to have a Premier with DC FC w/o the other one or two options. Not sure about 2020 Bolts now.
Surround vision is nice every now and then (when parking in a tight spot), but this is rare for me.

On the contrary, the Bolt is my family's travel car. I have kids in the back far more often than not (I put <5 miles/day on the car for commuting, but >20miles/day for family errands). I also live in a cold climate. The kids use their heated seats every day for about 5-6 months of the year. Well worth it. I also have a cargo box that basically lives on the roof. Right now it's full of skis, poles, and boots. In the summer, it holds luggage for vacations. Having integrated roof rails means I never have to worry about the box. It is solidly attached. No more clip-on racks that slide around.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:34 am

cwerdna wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:00 am
I don't know how legit this dealer is but someone in a Bolt FB group pointed to https://www.quirkchevy.com/new-vehicles ... erby=price in MA.
That's a nearby dealer for me. It's quite legit. Pretty amazing pricing:
MSRP : $37,495
-$14,500 Discounts/Incentives
= $22,995
Or, Lease for only $165/month with $0 down.
Take at least $14,500 off any the 40 available!
MA EV State Incentive: Additional $2,500 rebate available.
EV Federal tax credit: If you’re looking to purchase a Chevrolet Bolt EV, now is the perfect time. Take advantage of the federal tax credit of up to $1,875 while it’s still available.
with the $14500 being:
Discounts $6000 available to everyone
Consumer cash program $8500 available to everyone
Trade assist $1500 (must trade 2005 or newer vehicle, lease deals do not qualify)
With the extra state rebate and fed tax credit taking another $4375 off.

The Bolt EV is currently the third most popular plug-in at work with over 20 of them. There are 3x as many Model 3s and almost 2x as many Volts, but I think this deal will definitely result in more people here buying Bolts in the near term.
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
97K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:15 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:17 pm
Part of it could be the dealers need to entice shoppers as anyone paying attention has heard the 2012 Bolt is getting an interior refresh, with the rumor suggesting that includes the seats.
2021?
Yes, sorry.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

GRA

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:15 pm

GCR:
GM adds real-time charging-station smarts—via app—to Chevy Bolt EV
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... vy-bolt-ev

. . . Through the myChevrolet app, on Apple or Android devices, drivers can project Energy Assist functionality via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, to allow access to a growing set of features aimed at finding a charging station and route-planning, while taking into consideration the real-time available range of the car.

GM announced Thursday that through a series of updates rolling out over the first part of 2020, Energy Assist is now capable of displaying dynamic charging-station data, to recognize when a station is in use or perhaps out of service.

The automaker reports that the app is now displaying dynamic data from EVgo and ChargePoint—two major charging networks—and the app indicates whether a charging station is available. Dynamic data from other networks—likely including Greenlots, which already partnered with GM last year—will be added later in 2020.

It's also deepened its index of all the charging station locations that are Bolt EV–compatible; that now includes more than 40,000 stations in North America.

A new feature links EVgo accounts to the myChevrolet mobile app, so that users can just pay through the Bolt EV’s app and interface. Other such agreements are also on the way later in the year.

The Energy Assist functionality requires an OnStar telematics service agreement. Those in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico who are original purchasers of the Bolt EV have access to Energy Assist in the myChevrolet mobile app, with full functionality for five years from delivery date.

According to GM, owners will need to enroll in a paid plan after five years to get the route-planning functionality. Although those who purchased their Bolt EV prior to May 1, 2018 have a different set of plans, those who bought their Bolt EV from then on have a minimum $14.99/month Remote Access plan. . . .
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:56 pm

Was unable to find an European EV sales thread... maybe there is one that I couldn't find?

Opel Ampera-e (Opel Who?!?) Wins January In The Netherlands — EV Sales Report
https://cleantechnica.com/2020/02/13/op ... es-report/

Ampera-e is aka the Bolt in the US. Interesting that Leaf is a distant 18 in sales for that month there.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker

Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Was unable to find an European EV sales thread... maybe there is one that I couldn't find?
I remember one in the Bolt forum, but not here.
BAFX OBDII Dongle

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:10 am

With GM's EV news day, https://electrek.co/2020/03/04/ama-gm-b ... lts-e-uvs/ pointed to:
https://electrek.co/2020/03/04/2021-che ... -redesign/
https://electrek.co/2020/03/04/chevy-bo ... ed-design/

In the 1st link, he says
"We weren’t allowed to take pictures, and GM didn’t share any good press images, but I am going to discuss all those new EVs based on my own impressions of spending a few hours with all of them."

I haven't had time to watch the video. Keep in mind that Electrek is known Tesla fanboy site.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”