Turn off day time running light/Led headlight when parked

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extati

Hi all,

New here on the site. Hope someone can help me out. Me and my wife just bought a new Nissan Leaf.
We want to turn off all the light on the car when parked for the use of the AC/Heater.

I read in here, that many of you just turn the car off, apply parking brake and turn the light switch to off. Then all light is out untill you release the parking brake again.

The problem is that our new car DONT have Any off position on the switch!? So how do we get the car to turn light of when parked?

For information, when the car is charging, all light is out, even in full “on” mode.

No information about that in my manuel or help to get at the dealer. So we hope some cleaver folks around here ;-)

Info about the car:
Tekna model, so full auto led.
Produced in july 2019
Imported to Denmark from Germany (German model) and delivered 14 days ago!

Best regards

Can't do that. You can choose DRL's or corner-indicators (plus license plate) illumination when vehicle is in "ready" mode.

It is possible to switch off the vehicle and activate HVAC using app. Then lights will stay off.

Hi, thanks alot for your reply.

Is that for the Nordic versions of the cars then? I know you can do it, if the car had the off switch like some of the models do??

I know about the app, but when You use that without pluged in, the car only uses the AC/Heater for 15 minutes.

The owners manual has information on this subject.....if the parking brake is set before the car is turned on to the ready mode ....the DRL will not illuminate. I see you are in another country....so not sure if this helps on your model.

Hi,

Already tried that. But the light still turns on! And I have no off on my light switch!

So I guess its on the Nordic versions you cant do the parking brake trick

My car has OFF position but that means NOT AUTO. That means it keeps DRLs switched on no matter is it day or night.
It is easy to disconnect DRL bulbs though. And even disconnect some fuses :p

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but i had this issue 2.
Being, having the car on without the lights on when parked up

I have found an answer and wanted others to know.

On my 2022 leaf, car off. I press the power button. Let it startup and then press it again. I do not press the brake pedal when pressing the power button.
This starts the car without lights. You cant drive as you need to do the brake pedal start for that. But you can use electric windows and lights will be off.

This drove me nuts for a while and i hope my answer helps you

AL.

Back