The 62kWh Battery Topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marktm said:
Similar data report for my 2021 SV Plus. Appears faster (time & miles) degradation than Gary's. It has been summer here in Houston, TX, but it is garage kept, very seldom left in sun, battery temps in the low 80's and gently charged (not one QC):

Batter log 8.20.21.jpg

On the flipside (with another adjustment before the two year mark) despite having much warmer than normal weather, I am still nowhere near the heat onslaught either of you have seen and adjusting for mileage and time, I will likely be just about where you two are as well.

I am approaching 8% loss (for 2nd time) on SOH but interesting enough, it looks like I will also be around 7½% loss on kwh available and GID.

My 2019 SV+ is very similar with 91.6% SoH and only 15K miles. In Chicsgo we only have a few days a year over 90F outside, so it does feel like heat is not really a determining factor in the battery now.

Given the experience of the high use Leaf Plus drivers (Uber, cabs) with thousands of DC charges, the thermal throttling while not fun at that moment, does appear to be effective.

Did a charge to 100% for a long trip...see results below...another drop.

twIYz9ul.png

A UK Leaf Plus owner is trying a new simple mod to get air over battery pack, with some early encouring results.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157998766937175&id=693682174&set=gm.2368068819995362&source=48

Woah, that's lower than I expected. My SV+ last time I charged to 100% was about 711 gids if I remember correctly. I don't have a long trip in the next couple weeks, but will need to find an excuse to see if that has dropped at all.

Well it finally happened last night. We had to charge both Pluses overnight. One on the 14-50 and one at the 110. (Neither needed a full charge so the 25% charged overnight on the SV+ was enough).

Finally, I don't see any Pluses around us on Carvana, and carmax lists only 1 2019 SV Plus for 29K. Is this what Yesla owners feel like, with almost no depreciation after 2 years?

DougWantsALeaf said:
Our SoH is nearly identical with very close miles. What were gids/kWh remaining at your full charge?

Your Hx is much lower than mine though.

My SOH is nearly a point higher at nearly double the miles. I agree with tracking kwh available and GIDs. Over the last 2 adjustments (one up, one down) those numbers barely changed. My Hx is also a "bit" higher at 116% I see you don't DC. Wondering if that means anything. As far as SOC management, I am between 35 to 70% SOC well over 95% of the time.

Mine has been as high as 118, then dipped to 114.49 and then back up again. Currently (as of this morning) is 116.02 It was 97.93 on delivery day.

another drop....starting to worry about the voltage of cell one...I saw it low for the first time 600 miles ago...now another drop. My previous Leafspy was at 100% charge before a long trip...600 miles later charged to 100% for a long trip and comparison.

600 miles ago:
WYXmjIZl.png

Today:
z8TS4kIl.png

2r8Vne2l.png

DougWantsALeaf said:
I have a pesky cell that sits 30-40mV off when fully charged as well. It's barely noticeable at 30%, but always there when fully charged.

thanks...that makes me feel better.

The car showed 216 miles on the GOM when fully charged today....so I guess that is still good for an SL plus :roll:

Learjet said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
I have a pesky cell that sits 30-40mV off when fully charged as well. It's barely noticeable at 30%, but always there when fully charged.

thanks...that makes me feel better.

The car showed 216 miles on the GOM when fully charged today....so I guess that is still good for an SL plus :roll:

Same here. Mine was never balanced well even when I first got it. Nothing bad. 20-25 mV delta but all my previous were under 10 but have one and its always the same one, that is low but delta is under 40 mV and even when under 10% SOC, the delta actually shrinks which is the opposite of what I am used to seeing. I thought about doing a few full charges to see if that helped (in almost 2 years, I have fully charged less than 20 times) but haven't gotten around to it.

Here are some recent screen shots showing cell voltages at various SOC for my 2019 SL Plus (9/5 42 Gids; 9/10 84 Gids; 9/11 full charge 674 Gids; 9/12 134 Gids):

Attachments

• September05.png
    September05.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 103
  • September12.png
    September12.png
    106 KB · Views: 103
Back