Why has my charge count gone up by 5X?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowan

Hi All,

New to forum - not so new to driving Leafs. Recently bought another gen 1 2011 Leaf and I picked it up cheap and after mucking around with it a little bit I ended up triggering a whole lot of DTC codes. I did a reset of these from Leafspy and I think while doing this I must have hit the "sync QC/Lx" option in Leafspy (which now no longer shows).

Anyway since doing this my charge count has gone up massivly. (see bottom right of screenshot below from my trip recorder in Leafspy. Although now that i've had some time to think about it is does seem more inline with a 10 yearold Leaf.

ha5EeLLlCIOp5k0jvVG-F7vEz_dkfCe_UL75ofZe34zuQK-6EeZpY3FkQvJUjCyZguGLwj0CBa54CD6jbuyQ0HFmtcOvhPsLdHBbPtsBLOd0-Ccw6tMfwcFVWTH-wJJbR6znACDqXJY=w600-h315-p-k

Edit: Sory image may be weirdly cropped by forum - try this:
AM-JKLUY1KCxtBB020K5K7QqepiBaQklfsFsmMymP7u_i9v417xVpwqwHR6ACMsuD7FwJDE2YJXgtSkqxvsmlnjyFzvGwPm3jvcCdHkH-ZI_dyCXA08fdCtW5WQybuMBwY1lkT9KjOHuKmoSaAeCqh2t8mGW8A=w993-h942-no

My Question is: Why was my charge count information so low to begin with? Which count is most likely correct? Is it likely part of my car was replaced resetting this count? Or have I been deceived by a dealer? And - Can i reset this count again?

Thanks for reading, look forward to hearing from some LeafSpy Wizards.

Nubo said:
Can you be more specific about the "mucking around" you did?

Sorry - that was vague. I had some issues with the 12v battery and I trickle charged a couple of times before just replacing it. The voltage fluctionas trigged a whole lot of codes mostly "Battery voltage abnormal" type codes over several modules.

rowan said:
Nubo said:

Sorry - that was vague. I had some issues with the 12v battery and I trickle charged a couple of times before just replacing it. The voltage fluctionas trigged a whole lot of codes mostly "Battery voltage abnormal" type codes over several modules.

Ah. I was wondering if you were experimenting with CAN messages.

Not familiar with the LeafSpy function you used. There are support threads for that product where you may have more luck getting answers.

So would that mean it's possible to change them and make them lower than they should be? 😨

rowan said:
Nubo said:

Back