How Can I tell if I have the cold weather package?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey

I'm just not feeling all that trusting of my dealer (may be a little late....9 months late) but I'm wondering if my car has the cold weather package or not. Is there any good way to look that up? I'm in Wisconsin, you would think that all cars sold here would have it, but I want to verify.

You don't give much info to go on.

Assuming you have a 2013, then yes, they all have it standard.

If it's a used 2011, maybe not.

Do you have a steering wheel heater and seat warmers? Then you've got it.

Sorry, wasn't thinking.

Yes, I have a 2013, so its standard (didn't know if it was an option) so that's good.

This all started from me thinking about improving range, thought maybe I had a car without it.

Thanks

Limey said:
Sorry, wasn't thinking.

Yes, I have a 2013, so its standard (didn't know if it was an option) so that's good.

This all started from me thinking about improving range, thought maybe I had a car without it.

Thanks

Just for others who may be reading this, in early 2011 no LEAFs had the cold weather package. During that early phase LEAF sales were restricted to states with mostly moderate climates. As the year went on many early adopters retrofitted after-market heated seats to their cars - you can find a lot of info on that on threads on this web site. Nissan noticed, and as LEAFs were made available in other states a cold weather package was introduced with heated seats, steering wheel, and a battery heater than engages only under very extreme cold. Any 2011 LEAF with that was given the designation 2011 LEAF CW, which can be found on the window sticker.

Starting in 2012 all LEAFs have the cold weather package as standard. Starting in 2013 the inefficient electric heater was replaced - in the S model with another heater and in the SV and SL with a heat pump.

Back