Leaf Customer Service Call

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmydreams

I just got a call from Nissan Leaf Customer Service asking if I had any questions about the Leaf. I opened with "I sure do, where's my car???"

He couldn't tell me anything about availability, delivery dates or anything.

He mainly wanted to know if my Dashboard was working ok and if EVProject had contacted me about my EVSE install. No other info was given. I mentioned I keep up with the forum (and others) and how rabid we all are for information. He laughed and said he knows exactly what I was talking about. :cool: He finished the call by saying the next contact I'll probably have will be from EVP about the EVSE install....but no suggestions about when that might be.

I don't read anything into the call, aside from it's movement of some sort. Now if EVProject calls and says wee need to schedule the install soon, then I'll read something into THAT. :mrgreen:

Tick tock tick tock.....(sigh)

Has anyone else been called?

GroundLoop said:
Wait, what did the CallerID say?

Was it something "Tollfree Call" 1-800 somesuch? I blew that off.

"Private Caller". I tried redial and it wouldn't work. (I was hoping that it somehow stored the number, but no.)

Jimmydreams said:
I don't read anything into the call, aside from it's movement of some sort.
Dude! How can you not read anything into it? Like, that may have been your audition call to be among the "chosen 50," for sure!!! They are obviously shopping the eligible crowd for articulate spokespeople who will handle the media pressure well when being being interviewed by the local press after delivery. Hope you didn't stammer or start any sentences with "Like," "Dude," or "For sure" in your responses. :mrgreen:

Think positive! Start assembling your portfolio for when they call back to ask for pictures. The event will undoubtedly be televised. :lol:

TT

calls of that type will be computer generated and will NEVER come from a 1-800 #. it would cost the company a fortune to make outbound cold calls on a 1-800 line.

they could call from standard telephone lines that bill on a fixed rate but that also greatly increases the cost of the survey by quite a bit as well.

interested that they are doing this. obviously gauging the reaction to the moving of most initial deliveries to 2011.

i wonder if respondents had reacted very upset if Nissan would not have done something to reallocate a few thousand Leafs?

ttweed said:
Jimmydreams said:
I don't read anything into the call, aside from it's movement of some sort.
Dude! How can you not read anything into it? Like, that may have been your audition call to be among the "chosen 50," for sure!!! They are obviously shopping the eligible crowd for articulate spokespeople who will handle the media pressure well when being being interviewed by the local press after delivery. Hope you didn't stammer or start any sentences with "Like," "Dude," or "For sure" in your responses. :mrgreen:

Think positive! Start assembling your portfolio for when they call back to ask for pictures. The event will undoubtedly be televised. :lol:

TT

I don't think I stammered or "duded" the guy. I WAS very upbeat and told him how excited I was to be getting the car and how the waiting was killing me, etc. It was a very short conversation. I don't really think they were 'shopping for articulate spokespeople' because the questions were too short and they really didn't seem interested in my responses unless I had problem. But here's to hoping you're right!! ;)

garygid said:
MAYBE all 50 are being flown somewhere nice, like Hawaii, for the big ceremony, feast, poi, etc., and you get to drive your LEAF home from there?
(or, maybe not dive home?)

Wow, that's a bridge I'll cross when I come to it.

mwalsh said:
Got my call just a little while ago. Tried to sound as articulate as possible. ;)

My wife got the call and my 4 year old daughter picked up the other extension at the same time, and then my daughter proceeded to drop the phone 3 times during the call....don't think that will make the top 50 :oops: .

I really wouldn't sweat it, guys. Just got my call today (after missing it on Friday). The guy on the other end of the line was certainly not a "higher-up". He was clearly reading from a script, wasn't a good conversationalist. This call will have 0 impact on being one of the top 50.

Jimmydreams said:
Has anyone else been called?

Hmmm....I have noticed a number of 'blocked' incoming calls in recent days, I've been ignoring them (and have received no voice mails)...I hope they weren't Nissan calls, but now seeing that such calls apparently are blocking caller id, I'm wondering if any of them were... (a blocked call I picked up a couple of weeks ago was an unrelated donation solicitation, which is what has prompted me to quit answering them).

Back