101 Fwy / Mulholland Blink Chargers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB

I was surprised to see two sets of EVSEs recently show-up on PlugShare just off the 101 Fwy at the Valley Circle / Mulholland offramp. These are near my house so I went to check them out. Both locations are Blink units and they are only a block apart. The first location is just South of the freeway in Woodland Hills at the El Camino Shopping Center. The units are at the south end of the center (near the Taco Bell) which is anchored by Vons and CVS and has several places to eat if you need to kill time.

The second location is the Sagebrush Cantina which is on Calabasas Rd in Calabasas. They have 3 units on the back wall of the restaurant. Sagebrush is a big restaurant/bar with a lot of outdoor seating. A nice setting with good food. Definitely a place you can relax while you are waiting to charge. One downside is that at certain times (like weekend nights) it's valet parking only (for $3.50). I guess the advantage is you will never have to worry about the spots being blocked.

Both locations are marked by "EV Charging" signs which appear to be a Blink item. The signs are handicapped-blue color which look official and hopefully will dissuade people from parking there. I don’t understand why they chose two locations so close together while leaving the rest of the West Valley out. The next closest Blink would be the new one in Granada Hills. Seems like all three locations were installed about the same time so I am guessing that is all we will get here in the San Fernando Valley, at least for awhile.

Back