$11,000 Total Savings on all Leafs in stock - Fontana Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically, the dealer "owns" the cars and they are not yet been sold. You have not even made a deposit on them. So, you might buy it "soon", but you also might "orphan" it!

So, they get advertised by some dealers "automatically", perhaps as "bait". :D

garygid said:
Technically, the dealer "owns" the cars and they are not yet been sold. You have not even made a deposit on them. So, you might buy it "soon", but you also might "orphan" it!

"Technically", we DID make a deposit...$99 paid before we could even order one. Also, "technically" doesn't cut it and advertising anything that is not actually available is called "bait and switch", and is illegal. I understand this is a technical glitch...but one that the dealer should not allow to continue.

garygid said:
Technically, the dealer "owns" the cars and they are not yet been sold. You have not even made a deposit on them.

Gary did his homework. That is correct!

garygid said:
How long is your dealer REQUIRED to hold "your" car before he declares it an "orphan"?

One day, One week, or One minute?

Until the Leaf reservation holder gives us the final answer "yah" or "nay". While waiting for an answer from our customers, we won't allow anyone to test drive them.

Thanks, BUT ...

Then, until these LEAFs are "nay'd" by the person who Ordered it, the dealer could not sell it, so these "advertised" LEAFs are NOT available to sell, and "accidently" advertising them IS really illegal "Bait'n Switch"?

Also, if somebody lets the car sit there for 6 months, the dealer has to carry it on inventory?

Sounds to me like there must be SOME time limit for a "neglectful" potential owner, yes?

Truck-o-Leafs just arrived! WOOHOOOO!!!

Gary, I can officially ask you now "yah" or "nay" because your leaf has just arrived! :lol: :D

Leander yours too !! :D

truckoleafs2.jpg

All right, Gary and others!!! Woo-Hoo....Another truck-o-leafs..... :)

Well, Gary, have you made the big decision about purchasing your Leaf? I know you were on the fence about it....

Thanks, Randy

Danny, I just spoke with Gary and since he ordered a week after me and I'm still waiting, he is graciously saying "nay" and will let me take his. :lol:

FontanaNissan said:
Yes we received 6 today!!!
Awesome! Keep 'em coming! Danny, it was a pleasure talking with you the other day. Among other things, it was good to hear that Fontana Nissan is likely to install additional charging docks, since I am expecting to be stopping by for a charge from time to time. You are in a good "pitstop" location for LEAF owners desiring to visit the San Bernardino Mountains. :)

z0ner said:
Danny, I just spoke with Gary and since he ordered a week after me and I'm still waiting, he is graciously saying "nay" and will let me take his. :lol:

If Gary okays with that, it's yours!!! :lol:

Hold your breath! Yours should be here in a couple of weeks.

abasile said:
FontanaNissan said:
Yes we received 6 today!!!
Awesome! Keep 'em coming! Danny, it was a pleasure talking with you the other day. Among other things, it was good to hear that Fontana Nissan is likely to install additional charging docks, since I am expecting to be stopping by for a charge from time to time. You are in a good "pitstop" location for LEAF owners desiring to visit the San Bernardino Mountains. :)

You guys are more than welcome to stop by! Free coffee and popcorn for everyone!!!

Randy said:
Well, Gary, have you made the big decision about purchasing your Leaf? I know you were on the fence about it....
The other big question is, once you buy your Leaf will you drive it down to San Diego Leaf get togethers? It looks like it's about 130 miles round trip, so with a 20 mile reserve you'll need 50 miles of recharging, or just over 3 1/2 hours on L2. If San Diego had something like South Coast Plaza mall with charging stations then Leaf folks would probably meet there. You'd have a meal, conversation, a bit of shopping, and drive home. If we had the promised DC quick charge stations it would be simple. But the only public chargers that exist so far are at Nissan dealers, during business hours only.

I'd offer you some charging, but I've only got 120 volts for now. And I'd be glad to see you even if you leave your Leaf in the garage and drive an ICE car. :-( But I reckon that if you see a plausible way to make that trip in your Leaf now, or in the reasonable future, then you'll be much more likely to decide to go through with your purchase after all.

As of now, I intend to pick up "Maple" tomorrow (Tuesday 3/29) evening. :D
Yes, I am surprised too!

With 130 miles and some hills, it will probably require a QC or two ...
but, if I leave it at a dealer near HTB (is there one?) and get a "relay" from the dealer's location to the Gathering ...

or, meet somebody who has a L2 EVSE at their house (willing to e-fuel), and I could ride to HTB with them, and then back after.

If I drive rather slowly, 4 hrs of L2 should work, though 5 hours might be better. Depends upon your location.

Cheers, Gary

smkettner said:
I thought SD was to be one of the most wired cities :lol:
Anyway that is an issue for another thread ;)
I, for one, am beginning to resent the lack of follow through on this. Ecotality has been completely silent, and chargepoint no better.

Back