11 Leafs in the wild : Seattle Leaf Meet - 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Thanks to everyone who made the Leaf Meet 2 an enjoyable experience. We had a large crowd, 11 Leafs lined up infront of the Redmond town hall and a greate time.

There are better pictures that others will post.

Leaf-meet%20005.png

Leaf-meet%20004.JPG

sorry i missed that one, but had to do the family thing. hopefully can work out the next one. wow 11!! its getting to be crowded!! hopefully not long before i see Leafs like i see Priuses!

Had a great time today. Thanks Patrick for organizing. Anyone up for a Leaf group in the Kirkland 4th of July Parade?

My wife and I had a great time meeting and chatting with you all. Really a fun bunch; good peeps.
I don't know about the 4th of July, that's my birthday and I can't say for sure that I will be in any condition to drive :p
I can sit in the back seat and give the (royal) leaf wave though!

See you all at the next one! Maybe with my own car too! :lol:

Far out! Glad to see so many delivered. This week marks the beginning of my "week of" delivery window, so I look forward to joining the ranks. :cool:

Rake said:
My wife and I had a great time meeting and chatting with you all. Really a fun bunch; good peeps.
I don't know about the 4th of July, that's my birthday and I can't say for sure that I will be in any condition to drive :p
I can sit in the back seat and give the (royal) leaf wave though!

See you all at the next one! Maybe with my own car too! :lol:

It was a throw it out to see if there is any interest. They have had De Loren and Nash Rambler groups in the past. My concern is getting behind the Jazzercize group for three miles at walking speed. :lol:

Bud said:
Had a great time today. Thanks Patrick for organizing. Anyone up for a Leaf group in the Kirkland 4th of July Parade?
+1 thanks to Patrick for organizing and thanks to Nissan and Patrick for the shirts!

Would be cool to have a group of EVs in the parade...Leafs, Teslas, Matt's Ranger, Cathy's RAV4, Volts, whatever. Maybe someone from PIA or SEVA could track down the Kirkland organizers and pitch the idea?

Should do the same for the big Seattle Thanksgiving Day parade, too. That gets TV & print coverage.

Hi All:

This was the first time that my wife and I have actually seen a Leaf. We even saw one that should be identical to what we'll receive in June (ETEC trim and all.) Thanks to all for answering questions from future Leaf owners, and for allowing us to peek inside of them! I was pleased to see that the car will easily accommodate our son's car seat, and my wife thought that the cars looked nice. Seeing the Leafs being used as family cars reassured me that one will meet our needs.

Does anyone know where we might arrange a test drive? Our dealer says that there are 2-3 demo units rumored to be floating around the area, but I have no idea how to track one down. The story that I heard is that all Leafs are being shipped to customers right now, with none available to dealers for demos. It would be nice to actually test drive one before ours is delivered, or before our home charger is installed.

My wife found some images of what's under the hood. I thought that I saw "ye oldie 12V lead-acid battery" next to the motor. Anyone know what it's for? It seems to me that it's redundant, because of the huge lithium battery that's available.

I'll keep an eye on this forum, and I hope that we can make it to the next gathering.

Oh, and thanks for arranging the great weather last Saturday!

-John and Christine

jdwitters said:
Hi All:

This was the first time that my wife and I have actually seen a Leaf. We even saw one that should be identical to what we'll receive in June (ETEC trim and all.) Thanks to all for answering questions from future Leaf owners, and for allowing us to peek inside of them! I was pleased to see that the car will easily accommodate our son's car seat, and my wife thought that the cars looked nice. Seeing the Leafs being used as family cars reassured me that one will meet our needs.

Does anyone know where we might arrange a test drive? Our dealer says that there are 2-3 demo units rumored to be floating around the area, but I have no idea how to track one down. The story that I heard is that all Leafs are being shipped to customers right now, with none available to dealers for demos. It would be nice to actually

test drive one before ours is delivered, or before our home charger is installed.

My wife found some images of what's under the hood. I thought that I saw "ye oldie 12V lead-acid battery" next to the motor. Anyone know what it's for? It seems to me that it's redundant, because of the huge lithium battery that's available.

The 12 golf battery u see on a Leaf essentially plays the same role one does on a regular. Car.

It stores personal info like radio stations and also isolates the high voltage battery from the rest of the car and you

jdwitters said:
Does anyone know where we might arrange a test drive? Our dealer says that there are 2-3 demo units rumored to be floating around the area, but I have no idea how to track one down. The story that I heard is that all Leafs are being shipped to customers right now, with none available to dealers for demos. It would be nice to actually test drive one before ours is delivered, or before our home charger is installed.

I know Campbell Nelson in Edmonds has a demo model (I think it was an orphan and they decided to keep it as a demo rather than sell to the highest bidder), however I also know that they're having a lot of people wanting to test drive and they were restricting this to only people who have standing reservations with them (at least initially). Might be worth giving them a call just to see.

jdwitters said:
This was the first time that my wife and I have actually seen a Leaf. We even saw one that should be identical to what we'll receive in June (ETEC trim and all.)
What does eTec trim consist of?

HIOJim said:
jdwitters said:
This was the first time that my wife and I have actually seen a Leaf. We even saw one that should be identical to what we'll receive in June (ETEC trim and all.)
I think it consists of the SL trim features plus the QC port. Anything I'm missing here?

Have you heard anything about your delivery? We have the same "week of," but since you live in PDX, I figured you might hear a couple days before I did. I was able to pry out of one CS rep today that my car was still in port, awaiting protection package installation. This of course contradicts previous reports saying that my car has been released, but its whereabouts unknown (whether it still is in port or en route). :!:

uwskier20 said:
HIOJim said:
jdwitters said:
I think it consists of the SL trim features plus the QC port. Anything I'm missing here?

Have you heard anything about your delivery? We have the same "week of," but since you live in PDX, I figured you might hear a couple days before I did. I was able to pry out of one CS rep today that my car was still in port, awaiting protection package installation. This of course contradicts previous reports saying that my car has been released, but its whereabouts unknown (whether it still is in port or en route). :!:
I was wondering if the eTec varient had some unique graphics on the side of the car. Probably not as that's covered by another package.

As for my car's delivery, supposedly it got the AC firmware update in mid-April and is ready to be transported to Oregon. On Friday my dealer then said that it had 'missed the train' out of LB and thus would be delayed 'by about a week'. I guess it oversept or something :)

I'll let you know if I hear anything concrete, but I suspect I won't know anything until I 'get the call' from the dealer.

No, it's for those in the EV project and reflects the L3 discount up front and has the required L3 port to participate.

Back