1500 Leafs Here or on the Way!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossyleaf

from the Nissan Global site:

Nissan Americas has visibility of more than 1,500 Nissan LEAF vehicles either in transit from Japan or at port in the U.S. This number includes the shipment of more than 600 Nissan LEAFs which left port in Japan on March 10, the day before the earthquake.

http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=FFCBA57DE530F253BFD7179B32E16DFF?&id=2329

mossyleaf said:
from the Nissan Global site:

Nissan Americas has visibility of more than 1,500 Nissan LEAF vehicles either in transit from Japan or at port in the U.S. This number includes the shipment of more than 600 Nissan LEAFs which left port in Japan on March 10, the day before the earthquake.

http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=FFCBA57DE530F253BFD7179B32E16DFF?&id=2329
Thats more like it !

Does anyone have any idea how many orders are in line for end of March, April and May deliveries?

youngr3 said:
Does anyone have any idea how many orders are in line for end of March, April and May deliveries?
Anyone besides Nissan? Probably not. ;) I think the closest we have is our member spreadsheet.

Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. this week initiated the monitoring of vehicles made in Japan for any traces of radioactive material. Looking ahead, we will continue to implement all appropriate measures to reassure the public that all products from our company remain within globally accepted safety standards and until we are confident that any risk of contamination is completely removed.

Didnt even think of that.....

youngr3 said:
I'd say, they are delivering these 1500 vehicles in March & April.

This is great news! I had a feeling that when Nissan got to the USA cars, things would start to happen very fast. That is almost a nine fold increase in the number of cars here right now. When people see one LEAF they might think "gee, that's one of those electric cars". When they see three or four in one day they think "gee, these electric cars are for real!".

Since I'm looking at this from the "Month of May" perspective, I'm not sure this notice really said anything new. We had the 600 that left port before the earthquake (in transit), and the ship that just unloaded, maybe another 600. Add 300 more and there's your 1500. I don't infer from this that they've shipped any since March 10, or are shipping soon.

I love how they say "Nissan Americas has visibility..."
That would be a first! They (NA) still don't know if mine was started, built, or shipped. I have better visibility in the Tule fog.

GroundLoop said:
>>>from the "Month of May" perspective, I'm not sure this notice really said anything new. I don't infer from this that they've shipped any since March 10, or are shipping soon.

I love how they say "Nissan Americas has visibility..."
That would be a first! They (NA) still don't know if mine was started, built, or shipped. I have better visibility in the Tule fog.
+1.

They do say:
"Based on the currently available supply chain, Nissan Americas manufacturing operations plan to follow a normal production schedule for at least the next seven days. The supply chain is being continuously assessed and the next update will be provided on Friday, March 25."

Is "Nissan Americas manufacturing operations" what they do in US ports in preparation for delivery, or do they mean they have enough parts supply in Japan to build cars for the US market for 7 days ? Of course even the latter interpretation might not be accurate for the Leaf. If it did mean full Leaf production for 7 days, that would seem to imply at least 1400 more Leafs to follow beyond what was shipped before the earthquake.

tbleakne said:
They do say:
"Based on the currently available supply chain, Nissan Americas manufacturing operations plan to follow a normal production schedule for at least the next seven days. The supply chain is being continuously assessed and the next update will be provided on Friday, March 25."

Is "Nissan Americas manufacturing operations" what they do in US ports in preparation for delivery, or do they mean they have enough parts supply in Japan to build cars for the US market for 7 days ? Of course even the latter interpretation might not be accurate for the Leaf. If it did mean full Leaf production for 7 days, that would seem to imply at least 1400 more Leafs to follow beyond what was shipped before the earthquake.
This would be for the assembly plants operating in the US. Does not relate to Leaf that I know of.

Back