Part For Sale 2012 LEAF for sale. OBC (On Board Charger) failed.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part For Sale

Mark Sundberg01

The OBC on my 2012 LEAF has failed but I do not have the resources to replace it. My guess is it would cost at least $4K and I am on SS. Plus it's at 8 bars for the batteries. The Level 3 charger works. Currently the car has a range of about 16 miles. There are a number of Level 3 chargers within 10 miles.

The car is otherwise in relatively good condition, fairly new tires, interior is good, exterior a bit rough. About 84K miles. Comes with a mini spare and hydraulic jack. It has never needed any maintenance or repair other than replacing the 12v battery and tires. Everything works, with the exception of the OBC.

Looking for best offers. I live in the Seattle area.

FYI, I run an independent EV repair shop in Portland OR. If you (or a potential buyer) want to go about a repair, I can certainly repair it for a LOT cheaper than $4k. Depending on the exact failure mode of the charger, I may be able to repair it. Worst case, I can source a working used OBC for around $1,000, and it would be 3 hours of labor for install.

Back