2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geareffect said:
Want to update everyone on my previous deal I posted. They quoted me $199/mo, no down, $499 drive off with tax and all fees (plus disposition) for a base Leaf S. I verify there were not other fees, agree to this deal. They are not able to locate a car from dealer trade when I went there. A day later finally they can find one, so they call me to "give me the first chance". Now it is $315/mo! This is the same car, base S with no options. I thought it was a joke. They increased the price of 3 year lease for $4176!

Based on this experience, in my opinion you should stay away from Bob Richards Nissan in North Augusta/Beech Island at all costs. Trying to sneak in extra fees after deal is agreed is one thing, but increasing your own quoted price by over $4100 in a couple of days?

Reminds me of your post and my response a few pages back (the deal was too good to be true)::

geareffect wrote:
How does this deal sound?

Leaf S base model
State: South Carolina

$199.00/month including taxes and fees
49% residual @ 36 months, $14528.50
Cap Cost $26193.84
No down payment (due at Signing $499.00 ($300 sales tax and first payment))

They said it is a "locate vehical", which I assume means they don't have it on the lot
and will look for it/trade with other dealerships? Any issues with this or anything
to watch out for?

It seems like a very good deal to me, given that S is sufficient for me.

Thanks.

Corina1231 responded:

$499 down, plus $6965 more in payments, plus Nissan's $395 dispo fee at turn in = just under $8000 to lease a Leaf S for 3 years. Sounds great to me!

The only thing to watch out for is the dealer changing the deal on you after they get you emotionally ready to take the offer. The best deals posted on this thread were offers that we're never honored later by the dealer.

Here are the details of my lease:

State : NC
Sales tax % :
Leaf Trim, options : S with mats and charging package
MSRP : $31,265
Invoice : ?
Negotiated Price : $28,564
Taxes, Title, Registration : 342.58
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $499
Money Factor : ?

24 month lease, 20K miles/year
Downpayment : 0; First month included
Monthly payment : 304.37

$595 acquisition fee
$22,834.95 adj capitalized cost
Residual $17,133.70

.15 per mile for excess miles

Want to post the lease deal results of my first LEAF in Charlotte, NC:

Model: Pearl-White Leaf SV with Premium Package, Mats and Cargo Net
MSRP: $33,915 incl $850 Destination Charge
Negotiated Price: $31,270
Negotiated price did comp the $395 Disposition Fee
Acquisition Fee: $ 595, Title, Lic & Reg 189.00 = $784.00, Doc Fee $699.00, Money Factor 0.00156
Total Cap Cost Reduction: $8,827
2 years, 24k miles
Residual Value: $20,349.00
Downpayment : $2,000, Monthly Lease Pyt: $214.66
Total Lease Cost: $5,151.84 + $2,000 Downpymt (1st month payment included)
Hence, total cost = (23*$214.66)=$4,937.18 +$2,000 Downpayment+ $395 Dispo

The doc fee is definitely debatable... I took delivery of the vehicle two weekends ago and have logged 500 miles with a big smile on my face. The negotiation process was relatively painless - mostly via email (with help of Excel spreadsheet). The dealership did an excellent job and collaborated well. Granted, the spreadsheet approach left no room for any misunderstandings...the dealership had this vehicle on the lot and month/quarter-end loomed.

My daughter is particularly happy about riding in a zero emission vehicle...

LilasGardenLeaf said:
Want to post the lease deal results of my first LEAF in Charlotte, NC:

Model: Pearl-White Leaf SV with Premium Package, Mats and Cargo Net
MSRP: $33,915 incl $850 Destination Charge
Negotiated Price: $31,270
Negotiated price did comp the $395 Disposition Fee
Acquisition Fee: $ 595, Title, Lic & Reg 189.00 = $784.00, Doc Fee $699.00, Money Factor 0.00156
Total Cap Cost Reduction: $8,827
2 years, 24k miles
Residual Value: $20,349.00
Downpayment : $2,000, Monthly Lease Pyt: $214.66
Total Lease Cost: $5,151.84 + $2,000 Downpymt (1st month payment included)
Hence, total cost = (23*$214.66)=$4,937.18 +$2,000 Downpayment+ $395 Dispo

The doc fee is definitely debatable... I took delivery of the vehicle two weekends ago and have logged 500 miles with a big smile on my face. The negotiation process was relatively painless - mostly via email (with help of Excel spreadsheet). The dealership did an excellent job and collaborated well. Granted, the spreadsheet approach left no room for any misunderstandings...the dealership had this vehicle on the lot and month/quarter-end loomed.

My daughter is particularly happy about riding in a zero emission vehicle...
Congratulations on a good deal. You beat the July price increase by one day!

evnow said:
Corina1231 said:
Congratulations on a good deal. You beat the July price increase by one day!
Do you know what the latest residual & MF are ?
The MF differs depending on the Leaf model as you probably know. I'm going by the dealership to use the QC tomorrow. I'll get the new MF info for the different models and the new residuals for the 2 and 3 year leases and post them.

Corina1231 said:
The MF differs depending on the Leaf model as you probably know. I'm going by the dealership to use the QC tomorrow. I'll get the new MF info for the different models and the new residuals for the 2 and 3 year leases and post them.
Thx.

evnow said:
Corina1231 said:
Thx.
I'll try tomorrow. Almost forgot today was my 18th wedding anniversary, so I didn't get there!

Here is VPP lease on the ocean blue 2013 Leaf S model with the quick charge package.

The residual is listed below and the money factor is 0.00168:

CA tax 8%
Cash down 2000$
month 36 /15K
Lease 244.49 include tax and fee

residual 14,937$

is it a good deal ?

raoufhanna said:
Here is VPP lease on the ocean blue 2013 Leaf S model with the quick charge package.

CA tax 8%
Cash down 2000$
month 36 /15K

residual 14,937$

is it a good deal ?

Where in CA are you?

evsammi217 said:
raoufhanna said:

CA tax 8%
Cash down 2000$
month 36 /15K

residual 14,937$

is it a good deal ?

Where in CA are you?

Van Nuys

raoufhanna said:
evsammi217 said:
raoufhanna said:

CA tax 8%
Cash down 2000$
month 36 /15K

residual 14,937$

is it a good deal ?

Where in CA are you?

Van Nuys

I'm certainly not a lease expert like others. I am going through the process like you right now. I recommend reading the yelp reviews and see what people have said about the dealer in the LA area. I'm working with DTLA Nissan and they really are the nicest people and trying to work with me on what I can get based on my credit score.
Other people have said so on this forum. (I think they have a Blue Ocean S model as well).

Good luck!

A bit long winded - but here's a summary of our deal which I think is pretty great!
About 6 weeks ago, three of us Washington staters got together and started shopping as a team for the best lease deal we could find... A huge tip of the cap to Kumar (user name Abhik on this forum!), who scored a fantastic quote of zero down, $219 per month for an SV with the QC/LED package.

Well, a quote is one thing, but getting the actual deal? The challenge was that the dealership with this quote had to order the three cars in. So of course we gave other stores with stock on the ground an opportunity to match, but no one would get down as low as we needed... So, we confirmed as best wee could with Olivia and Adam at Advantage Nissan in Bremerton that the deal was real, there were no hidden gotcha's, and we waited...

Yesterday, the first of the three cars ordered arrived - it was for my brother in law, so the two of us trekked down to Bremerton (about 120 miles from our homes up in the Bellingham area). I was still skeptical - since we got the quote, the money factor had changed, and the residuals had changed - how was this going to work?

Well, I was very pleasantly surprised! The deal was exactly as we had agreed, with the only fee outside of $219 per month being the disposal fee ($390) at lease end, which we had already agreed to.

The General Sales Manager, a nice guy, gave props to us for being good negotiators, he had written a confirmation email to me last month when I pressed the sales people Olivia and Adam to put things in writing. I was really impressed by this dealership by the way, very professional and not a hint of sleaziness - highly recommend them! Adam is the Leaf expert and gave us a very thorough walk through of the car.

Here are the details that I could glean from our paperwork:

MSRP: $34,615
Price as agreed: $31,015
No sales tax (Washington state)
Federal rebate on an SV: $7,825
acquisition fee: $595
documentation fees, licensing, local fees: $354
residual - .60
adjusted residual (buyout at lease end): $20,769
24 month lease, 12,000 miles per year

Price paid, including all doc fees, taxes, etc: $219 per month, or $5,256

Couple lessons I learned along the way that might be of help to others:
1) Approach every dealership you can! Your best price might not come from a dealership that stocks a lot of Leafs.
2) Patience will be rewarded - if you have to have a car right away, then you rob yourself of negotiating power.
3) Team up for better bargaining! This dealership was happy to sell three cars at once, and they knew we were serious right from the first phone call (we had done our homework!)
4) This might be the most important - GET IT IN WRITING! We confirmed three different ways with two different dealer employees that our deal was legit. The General Sales Manager told me they had to work with NMAC on our deal because of the changes in the money factor and residual from June when we got the quote till now. If we didn't have every detail squared away, who knows what might have happened!

My brother in law loves his car, and we are going to make the same trip next week to pick mine up (it's supposed to arrive today!) We stopped at the QC station in Burlington on the way home after about 75 miles, and easily made it home after that. Kumar is getting his I think today or tomorrow also :)

Hope this is of some help to anyone shopping for a lease!

Here are the quotes that I have gotten for S and SL for VPP pricing in Atlanta, GA with $0 down; 24 monhts/12K mileage per year. (with get $5K tax credit in GA)

The quotes seem a bit high with VPP pricing - any feedback? what is the target price that I should shoot for? Thanks for your feedback.

S with charger (MSRP: $31,265)
Downpayment: $0
Monthly Payment: $299.24 ($240.76 + $58.48 tax)
Disposition Fees: $395
===============
Total cost: $7,059.08

SL (MSRP: $36,320)
Monthly Payment: $415.36 ($343.64 + $71.72 tax)
===============
Total cost: $10,363.64

atlgt said:
Here are the quotes that I have gotten for S and SL for VPP pricing in Atlanta, GA with $0 down; 24 monhts/12K mileage per year. (with get $5K tax credit in GA)

The quotes seem a bit high with VPP pricing - any feedback? what is the target price that I should shoot for? Thanks for your feedback.

===============

===============

Those seem high to me.

Make sure your downpayment is a true "out the door" price that includes the first month's payment, taxes, and all fees. You would then only have 23 monthly payments plus your end of lease Dispo Fee.

P.S. I'd read this whole thread. It's worth your time and there is tons of good information in here.

atlgt said:

===============

===============

Taxes aren't monthly on leases in GA any more, its now called TAVT and its up front. It'll be about $1600-$1800 and you can either pay it up front or have it rolled into the lease (and pay interest on it). Either way those numbers look really high to me.

Also keep in mind you won't get the full $5k tax credit in GA on an S (because it's the lesser of $5k or 20% of the after rebate price).

Finally sent emails (or filled out forms on their sites) to a bunch of dealerships in the area last night and have been getting calls and emails back. Finally got my first offer and it's a bit pricier than I was hoping. Basically I'm looking for an SV with no options or add-ons. Here's the first actual offer I got:

The price on their site is $30,919.00 and is for an SV with QC Package + LED's
$2K down
15K Miles
24 Months = $319/month
36 Months = $340/month
They also noted that 12K was about $10 less per month.

I know much of what's driving the price up is are the QC and LED's. Without those, hopefully I can get the monthly down to closer to $200 or at least $250...

Back