2013 SL, delivered with flat tire and non-working Carwings.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the 2nd LEAF owner in my town, the 1st has a 2012 and he has so many bulges and patches that it's scary! It's those damn Escopia Tires!

travisty said:
Glad to see another Colorado Leaf owner :D

I've never had tire problems until these last 2 years.

First with my Prius (just prior to getting my Leaf) I got a flat, a nail in the tire.

2 weeks later (still in my Prius) I ran over some concreate patching - the tar they put on cracks. Had to get the tire cleaned.

About 6 months later - in my Leaf - at the last minute I see a black clump on the street as I'm driving at 55 mph. Swerve to avoid it - turning left - and the black clump drives into the side of my tire full force and I'm assuming the black clump was ejected off to the right of the car causing no more damage. The wheel is destroyed and it actually bent the axel! (I'm thinking it was some cement that fell out of a dump truck, lot of road construction at the time)

Just this Saturday I was pulling out of a shopping center and my tire was flat! Small cut in the side of the tire - i did nick the tire pulling into the parking spot. I patched it and added air. There was a small hiss but I was 2 miles from Big O so I decided to risk it. Long story short the patch didn't last and I lost the tire. No other damage though...

Oh life how unexpected you are!

All in all I love my Leaf and hope to God that I never have to own another ICE vehicle in my life.

P.S. I just realized.... all the problems - save the tar - were on the passenger front tire :lol:

Back